฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: equinox EQXFF (Read 1016 times) previous topic - next topic

equinox EQXFF
I have started building a position in EQXFF. Its founder and chairmen is Ross Beaty, the same gentleman that founded and is chair of PAAS. Resumes of the management team are impressive. The company has one mine operating, another to start this month, maybe next, and another to start in H1 2020. 2019 production is projected just under a quarter million ounces gold a goal of 500,000 ounce in 4 or 5 years.

Chart data is abbreviated as a name change took place recently that seems to have truncated data but what is available is impressive.

Re: equinox EQXFF
Reply #1
Equinox has change their ticker symbol and implemented a reverse split since the last post, but they continue to do well as they have come through the latest PM correction and seem to be moving ahead fast. RSI is climbing with share price and 50 and 200 day moving averages are bull oriented for mid and longer term confidence. Shorter term it looks like the correction is over. Share price has moved off the lower BB and moving into the upper half of the spread. MACD curve spread is shrinking and about to turn bullish. Sto curves crossed positive last week and volume is now showing a very minor bump from an extremely low paint. I have a position and like the company and it outlook.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #2
Thank you for the update!

Reply #3
While only considering 1.67% of shares outstanding, It is interesting to note that institutions are taking notice of EQX. For the first time, and again only 12 positions, not a single holder decreased their position as of September reporting. It could be everyone on the same wrong side of the trade! The sample size is admittedly small, but I believe it is positive for the new miner and probably positive for increased institutional ownership and higher share price.

https://old.nasdaq.com/symbol/eqx/institutional-holdings

The chart while very busy still looks good, lower left to upper right. BB's are pinching suggesting volatility is contracting potentially ahead of more volatility. Share price is moving above the 20 day MA and longer term indication from the 50 and 200 day MA's is very positive. Incrementally the company has new production coming on line over the next year and ramping up a mine in Brazil. I still like the company.

Reply #4
I added a little to my EQX holding today mostly because the fundamental story is still very good and on the chart the STO curves went below 20, most of the time an indication of a very short term low. There seems to be weak support at $6.02 as well as a near term double bottom at the same level. It may be too early, but I believe this stock will be a winner longer term via a continuation of the charted regression trend and a bump in gold prices.

Reply #5
Equinox and Leagold announced a merger that I believe is a good deal for both companies though I am not particularly in favor of all the debt acquisition. New company will be Equinox and gold production of a million ounces per annum is in sight.

Reply #6
The Leagold Equinox merger announcement seems to be an enhancement to share price appreciation as it is tracing the upper BB. Incrementally MACD looks good and RSI while getting near over bought, suggest we may get a pause in the uptrend, but there does not seem to be anything suggesting a meaningful turn down. share price above the previous recent peak of C$8.90 would be a significant motivator for momentum investors. The combined company has serious profitable production gains on the near horizon that are more than funded with the new financing coincident with the merger and funded over a longer term without the incremental financing. I happily more than doubled my position at US$6.37 Monday.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #7
VOLUME volume volume.
It speaks volumes.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #8
looking good when other issues are correcting

Reply #9
Since my last post on EQX about 4 weeks ago, it has built a base above US$8.00 and now very short term oscillators MACD and STO charts are signaling a turn may be near. Fundamentals are good as well.

Reply #10
 Ross Beatty, the chairman and founder of EQX, bought $50 million of stock in the open market in the recent past. On a very short term basis the stock might bounce, but in this market it is a tough call.

Reply #11
All I have to do is point out a positive for stock and it tanks the next day; oh well.

Reply #12
EQX is now trading options and has announced it will be added to the stock mix held by GDX and GDXJ. The company has done very well getting exposure on major exchanges and now ETF's. Even with the news, on gold's decline this morning it is taking a hit.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #13
Gold is topping out this week. A decline is due, but too what point?

Reply #14
EQX is looking good on charts as MACD and TDI are turning toward bullish orientation and BB's are pinching making ready for a continued move. The company is founded and chaired by Ross Beatty, same fellow who chairs and founded PAAS. I like the potential for appreciation and have an order to up my exposure by about 1/8th today.