฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24
Skip to main content
Topic: Platinum  (Read 2985 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Platinum

Reply #16
Check out the vol.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #17
Basically, a dream trade. Long on the break, add on retest.

Fits perfectly with the older chart.

Reply #18
It really doesn't get any easier

Reply #19

Reply #20
Platinum futures priced in gold, time for the worm to turn?

Reply #21

Reply #22
This is what we call "Easy money"

Reply #23
Platinum Group Metals, PLG, as of this morning pre-market ours  might be presenting a good trade opportunity. The stock closed at $4.29 and in premarket it is $5.21. Bid on $5 calls expiring Friday is $0.40. While that will not last it may retain enough premium to be interesting at market open. An alternate trade possibility, particularly if an investor desires the stock is to purchase at $5.21 and if looking for a little kicker, sell the $7.50 call expiring Friday for a dime bid. That is nearly 2% on the option price and if taken a little less than 50% in four days for excellent return either way.

On market open all this could materially change, DYODD.

Reply #24
I have a PLG position as of today at $5.13. Did not decide on the options yet but the $7.50 bid is vacant for Friday.

Re: Platinum -Review of Physical ETFs

Reply #25
I am working on the thesis that platinum will outperform palladium and close the price gap.  Palladium is mostly used in car catalytic converters, and platinum is used more for diesel engines.  There is currently a shift toward more use of platinum and less palladium in gasoline catalytic converters because of the price difference.  Platinum also has uses in jewelry and as a monetary metal, as well as hydrogen fuel cells.  My preferred ETF to this point has been Sprotts SPPP, which also holds palladium.  I did some checking yesterday and found that as of the end of January, there were more palladium ounces than platinum in the ETF.  It was roughly 57% palladium as of Jan 31st.  I want a platinum pure play for out performance.  I found 2 options.  The first is Aberdeen Physical Platinum shares ETF (PPLT).  Expense ratio is 0.6%.  It is much larger than SPPP, with $1.3B in assets.  There are some strikes against this ETF.  Aberdeen's silver trust recently changed their prospectus, just like SLV, to say that if silver is hard to find, they may have to hold paper contracts instead.  Why would they do this?  JPM is the custodian.  The platinum trust could do the same.  That is enough to steer me away from this option.  The other option is Granite Shares Platinum Trust (PLTM), which has a 0.5% expense ratio, the cheapest of the three, and is small at around $39 million in assets. They state that their metal will not be loaned and that they will not hold derivatives, only physical platinum as London Good Delivery Bars.  The Sprott ETF is a great option if you want to hold both platinum and palladium.  For a platinum pure play, I suggest Granite Shares (PLTM).
https://graniteshares.com/institutional/us/en-us/etfs/pltm

Reply #26
"They state that their metal will not be loaned and that they will not hold derivatives, only physical platinum as London Good Delivery Bars"

A value stock.