฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: Gold 2019 (Read 1312 times) previous topic - next topic

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Gold 2019
Reply #15
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #16
Summary statement from a brief historical but interesting gold positive article: "Gold will win. It does every time, and will continue to, until such a time as we can count on politicians and bankers to do the right thing. In other words, NEVER."

https://mailchi.mp/wealthresearchgroup/america-is-losing-ground-fast-533269?e=53ac4df37c

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #17

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #18
Good article on Zerohedge as to gold and the future.
  • Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:22:54 AM by ken

Reply #19
Good article on Zerohedge as to gold and the future.
I have been thinking along the lines of the article for some time and building positions in potential takeover candidates that are good prospects for appreciation w/o a takeover. One is AXU, a previous operating mine in the Yukon that was put on C&M waiting on better silver prices. There have been serious upgrades and reserve additions, now about 80 million ounces silver. They are near having all permits to restart mining but one caution is the decision to commence has been delayed from last November to February this year and now before end first half with actual mining before end of year. Bottom line, they are about ready to start with little capital requirement and the mine has robust economics and there is exploration upside.
Second is SGSVF. They have 5 plus million oz gold identified and a $US 400 million capital requirement to finish the mind build in Nunavut with a huge contiguous acreage position that has already yielded additional exploration success. Incrementally they have a royalty on silver at a nearby Glencore operation. Third is AUG with gold in northeastern Canada and PM's plus copper in Peru.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #20
I would be surprised if gold doesn't break the orange to retest the 50DMA

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #21

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #22

Reply #23
In reply 12 of this thread, I mentioned an analyst had predicted a 45 day pause in PM prices that would play out by mid March to early April. That prediction seems to be playing out and with the recent down move, both silver and gold are potentially painting a handle in a Cup and handle formation. None of this says anything about tomorrow, but it is an arrow in the secular turn up quiver. PM investors should get their turn at the rewards counter soon and for several years.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #24
In reply 12 of this thread, I mentioned an analyst had predicted a 45 day pause in PM prices that would play out by mid March to early April. That prediction seems to be playing out and with the recent down move, both silver and gold are potentially painting a handle in a Cup and handle formation. None of this says anything about tomorrow, but it is an arrow in the secular turn up quiver. PM investors should get their turn at the rewards counter soon and for several years.

If you are right, which I see a very good chance of, it should turn here the .382 retrace. If not, It really needs to not go below the .500 (red dashed) $1260 or so. The targets would be $1400 and $1490

Reply #25
I think we can expect P upside to accelerate soon.

Full article

https://goldswitzerland.com/3-dozen-reasons-to-hold-gold/

Chart is the last in the article if it does not come through.

Reply #26
What is the relationship between Palladium and Gold?

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #27
As far as I know, not much other than when gold is in a bull market, it takes the other PM's with it.

I think a much more important correlation is that of palladium and platinum. They are somewhat interchangeable, but it is costly for manufacturers to re-tool.

I think Pt is a much better buy than Pd at this time. Pd is the red-headed stepchild of PM's and I see talk of it all over the place.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #28
As far as I know, not much other than when gold is in a bull market, it takes the other PM's with it.

I think a much more important correlation is that of palladium and platinum. They are somewhat interchangeable, but it is costly for manufacturers to re-tool.

I think Pt is a much better buy than Pd at this time. Pd is the red-headed stepchild of PM's and I see talk of it all over the place.

• simel
  • [*]
Reply #29

Hello, with the issue of the brexit not resolved, the signs of lowering the interest rates of the fed, the gold would have to go up.