฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: The coming turmoil (Read 157 times) previous topic - next topic

The coming turmoil
I started this new topic to readily house a discussion on general tumult coming our way as a result of total fiscal and monetary mismanagement by world governments at every level as well as business and individuals. The article I have linked is a good summary:

https://goldswitzerland.com/banks-are-blocking-client-assets/

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: The coming turmoil
Reply #1
I believe I have posted this before or someone else has, but it goes to show that nothing has changed.

The US debt can not and will not ever be payed back.

demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_debt/us_debt.html

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #2
I believe I have posted this before or someone else has, but it goes to show that nothing has changed.

The US debt can not and will not ever be payed back.

demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_debt/us_debt.html

No nation ever plans to payback the debt. Never has, never will.

Reply #3
Since Reagan's presidency, debt has gone up 31 times and tax revenue to service the debt has gone up 6 times. This trend could not have progressed this far without assistance from the fed ever fixing interest rates over the period to near zero. The one exception was Volker 'Breaking the back of inflation". This also confirms the US is living beyond its means or to bring it down to a more granular level, our standard of living is higher than we can afford.

The full article containing the chart is more about investing in the coming times and worth reading.

https://goldswitzerland.com/gold-the-only-safe-place/

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #4
Since Reagan's presidency, debt has gone up 31 times and tax revenue to service the debt has gone up 6 times. This trend could not have progressed this far without assistance from the fed ever fixing interest rates over the period to near zero. The one exception was Volker 'Breaking the back of inflation". This also confirms the US is living beyond its means or to bring it down to a more granular level, our standard of living is higher than we can afford.

The full article containing the chart is more about investing in the coming times and worth reading.

https://goldswitzerland.com/gold-the-only-safe-place/

Gold is great for barter until the government outlaws its use and confiscates your horde. Best to buy it from a local dealer who don't take names.

Reply #5

Reply #6
An excerpt from an interesting article on the next economic downturn:

"The handle has been pulled and we're circling the drain.
What is The Fed going to do then?  Health care will be north of 20% of GDP by then (it's there now, basically), with 80% of it being stolen.  Gonna put 600,000 people out of work in an afternoon in that "field"?  How many foreclosure signs and repo'd cars will that generate, and what's the knock-on from it?  That's the right place to start, by the way, along with the "big tech" and immediately normalizing interest rates and selling off all of the excess bonds on the balance sheet.  Yeah, that would blow up a lot of companies, but it would be over in a few months and within a year the economy would be on the mend with business operating costs down 10-15% -- permanently."

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=235274