฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: Silver bottom on FED? (Read 2292 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Silver bottom on FED?
Reply #15
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #16
Here is another article where Clive Maund is pounding the drum for silver:

https://www.clivemaund.com/article.php?id=4620

Note the links to two other articles on the subject in the upper right corner of the first page.

This begs the question if one agrees with the premise and conclusion of the article, where can one invest to get the most silver exposure in mining stocks? Of the stocks I follow, Impact Silver (ISVLF), a very small company with a large land package that historically produced silver in Mexico and some production is the purest silver play at about 90% of revenue. The other company is Alexco (AXU), a company that has produced silver in the past, but put their mine on care and maintenance when silver prices fell. Return to production decision is scheduled for late this year and the amount they are spending to get ready would suggest the decision is a formality. Their revenue will be nearly 100% from silver with a slip stream from an environmental services business. Anyone have other thoughts?

The two stocks I mention in the above post are about half of the value at the time of the post and silver is down about $2.00, hefty leverage. They both will do well with a silver price increase, but may go under if it does not come soon.

Reply #17
It looks like silver is at a long term decision point with the price at long term horizontal support. RSI is trending up and fundamental information WRT monetary policy moving more dovish and economic data not supportive of continued growth would suggest investor's decision will be to push silver prices up. Time will tell.

Reply #18

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
I agree that silver is looking really interesting here. Look at AG, and EXK today...both up 5% and looking good on weeklies.
I added some PSLV as its trading at a nice discount to NAV. almost 5% discount to the metal.

Reply #20

Reply #21
If price dips to meet a golden cross, buy all you can.

Reply #22
I posted the wrong chart on that last one. oops.
Possibly a bull flag here.

Reply #23
What is not to like with silver?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #24
I posted the wrong chart on that last one. oops.
Possibly a bull flag here.

Got that Johnny on the spot.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
sold my SLV options for 525% gain. Jan 15 calls bought at .45 sold at 2.82. Went pretty big 250 calls.
I hold lots of SLV, PSLV and physical so no point in holding on as premium was thin already. Very pleased today!

Reply #26
Looking back on this topic, maybe the silver bottom did come with the Fed reversing course. Second chart is an exploded view if the last portion of the first graph. It is in weekly increments and the MA's are 50 and 200 day divided by five to get to weekly numbers.

Same chart layout for gold, looks like it turned decisively at end of 2016. Note it is not gold, the pet rock, that is changing value, it is the measuring tool that is corroding.

• goldies
  • [*][*]
Reply #27
Trumps getting impeached so that will reflect on the dollar.. i.e Nixon.

Reply #28

It might be a close call on actual impeachment as there are more and more middle democrat representatives distancing themselves form the obvious biased tactics employed by Schiff. Also, the press has been very pro impeachment biased on the 'breaking news' only after seeing light of day, either having to retract, tone down, or just go silent on correcting the initial reports. Unlike Nixon who actually resigned after his VP had to resign (remember Spiro Agnew?) I doubt Trump will resign forcing it to a senate trial and then it is almost certain the pro impeachment folks will to be able to come up with the required votes.

I firmly believe we are in this mess because 1) President Woodrow Wilson signed the fed into existence and later regretted the decision; 2) Nixon removed the last element of discipline on the fed with removal of gold backing the dollar which enabled essentially unchecked money printing; and 3) NZIRP and QE has removed all limits on debt incurred, both private and public as there is little to no servicing cost. The result is we have a debt and spending situation that cannot be turned back with normal market determined interest rates without the market and economy crashing in depression like magnitude. If the right thing is done (cutting spending and letting markets determine interest rates), the market crashes immediately, if we continue with NZIRP and QE, the crash comes a little later and more severely as the underlying unsustainable situation continues to fester. It is sad that the reason we invest in pet rocks is the malfeasance of government and the fed is coming to fruition.

Thinking about that last statement in another way, investing in gold, the inert pet rock, is tantamount to admitting investing in the inert is better than investing in productive assets namely businesses and companies, just exactly the opposite of Warren Buffets investing advice.

Reply #29

I believe that no matter the outcome, the Dollar will be negatively.