฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: Silver bottom on FED? (Read 2294 times) previous topic - next topic

Silver bottom on FED?
I think it has a good chance this time.
All it needs is to get above those flat, grouped MA's. about 1670-5.

I'll have to do 2 of this one

• Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:09:31 PM by edthelorax
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Silver bottom on FED?
Reply #1
I believe this was simply short covering  and the dreaded fall below 1300 gold is a sure thing as is the plunge in miners. Im being patient as I cannot see any sustained rally. Range trading at best IMO.

Reply #2
We had a strong day before the fed meeting announcement and then during the noise conference, PM's did even better. I actually thought Powell might stub his toe creating the catalyst for a capitulation, but he actually handled the conference well. DXY is still down (below 90 again) with JPY and EURO stronger meaning today, currency traders view the dollar as the dirtiest shirt in the laundry. I believe there is a good chance for a gold price below $1300, but that is looking to pick an exact bottom, something I have proficiently failed doing in the past. We are low enough now and on the cusp of a big secular PM move up commencing shortly, so I hold my positions slowly spending down cash on a fairly uniform basis. What is amazing to me is that PM's are not changing in value or unit wealth representation, the amount they go up is a direct reflection of the poor job being done by central bankers and politicians via the diminishing purchasing power of the various currencies. No wonder their price is suppressed, the coming report card is going to be line after line of failing grades.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
We had a strong day before the fed meeting announcement and then during the noise conference, PM's did even better. I actually thought Powell might stub his toe creating the catalyst for a capitulation, but he actually handled the conference well. DXY is still down (below 90 again) with JPY and EURO stronger meaning today, currency traders view the dollar as the dirtiest shirt in the laundry. I believe there is a good chance for a gold price below $1300, but that is looking to pick an exact bottom, something I have proficiently failed doing in the past. We are low enough now and on the cusp of a big secular PM move up commencing shortly, so I hold my positions slowly spending down cash on a fairly uniform basis. What is amazing to me is that PM's are not changing in value or unit wealth representation, the amount they go up is a direct reflection of the poor job being done by central bankers and politicians via the diminishing purchasing power of the various currencies. No wonder their price is suppressed, the coming report card is going to be line after line of failing grades.

When buying stock, how low is low? I consistently get surprised when low is a lot lower.... 

Reply #4
When I read "When buying stock, how low is low? I consistently get surprised when low is a lot lower....  " I had to smile. I am underwater on a couple issues by a good margin

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
When I read "When buying stock, how low is low? I consistently get surprised when low is a lot lower....  " I had to smile. I am underwater on a couple issues by a good margin
You would think with all the crap going on people would lose confidence in their government. Look at facebook. People will continue to use it regardless of how they are being used. MZ once laughed at the 'fools' who share their personal information so freely. Did confidence plunge? No. FB grew and grew. Personally I would like to see that little f**k go to prison. Another useless parasite on the ass of humanity!

Reply #6
The gold/silver ratio weekly curve might be showing some signs for an end date to the shenanigans being foisted on us by the Federal Reserve, government and complicit banks and algo's. There is a double top at 83.75 and extrapolating an up trending support line to the double top value gives an intersection date of October 29 this year. I suspect someone is near the fan switch ready to flip it long before then. Today's market drop indicates market participants are nervous with the combination of rate hike projections, QT, tax revenue reductions with the recent tax bill, spending largesse with the house approved spending bill, economic slowdown associated with tariff talks, etc. Gold and silver will probably go up, silver faster to reduce the ratio toward more normal values.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/Ilk8bQ2T/

Reply #7

Reply #8
Here is an interesting analysis on Comex Silver, maybe something positive for stackers is about to occur:

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/8930/discussing-comex-silver

• CLARKBAR
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9
Anyone named TURD FERGUSON.. always gets my attention.. especially when he suggests a silver rally~!   ...don't let the current malaise and price range distract you from this truly remarkable situation. Total Comex open interest is at an alltime high. The Large Specs are are building an unprecedented NET SHORT position. And The Commercials (the Banks) are now NET LONG for the first time ever.

A price rally is coming. This rally could be spectacular. The only question is whether or not The Banks will allow it to be.

Reply #10
Here is another article where Clive Maund is pounding the drum for silver:

https://www.clivemaund.com/article.php?id=4620

Note the links to two other articles on the subject in the upper right corner of the first page.

This begs the question if one agrees with the premise and conclusion of the article, where can one invest to get the most silver exposure in mining stocks? Of the stocks I follow, Impact Silver (ISVLF), a very small company with a large land package that historically produced silver in Mexico and some production is the purest silver play at about 90% of revenue. The other company is Alexco (AXU), a company that has produced silver in the past, but put their mine on care and maintenance when silver prices fell. Return to production decision is scheduled for late this year and the amount they are spending to get ready would suggest the decision is a formality. Their revenue will be nearly 100% from silver with a slip stream from an environmental services business. Anyone have other thoughts?

Reply #11

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12

The red headed stepchild known as  the dollar will dilly dally up and down until the euro has its day in the toilet. When the crash happens in the EU the money flows here initially driving the metals down. But when you lose a trading partner like the EU the dollar will follow. This is the death of the west and we did it to ourselves! The EU will fail. Study how they put that ball of shit together along with its structure and you begin to see how it will fail. They should have had the new federal government combined all the participating nations debts as one. Instead they counted each currency as individual along with their debt. Convert that to the euro and you have a major difference between the participating nations. Greece and Italy really got the shitty end of the stick!

Reply #13

Reply #14