฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: quarterly observations on xag and jpy (Read 910 times) previous topic - next topic

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
quarterly observations on xag and jpy
heads up im about to hit you with a master chart

xoxo

sn00p

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/JPYUSD/z6fqBgLs-LT-Xagusd-vs-Jpyusd-observation/

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: quarterly observations on xag and jpy
Reply #1
heads up two master charts in one

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XAUXAG/6k5a50l2-gold-to-silver-ratio-aka-xauxag/

the gold to silver ratio

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
Great charts Snoop,
The GSR is going to way overshoot the mean to the downside, just like it is way  over the mean now.
I believe it will make a lower low than 2011.

For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #5
Clive Maund discusses silver/gold ratio in his latest article, but for me the key is the silver COT chart suggesting silver is at or very near a bottom.

He has a reasonably complete gold and silver discussion even taking on the divergence in COT's for gold and silver. My takeaway is that one can invest in silver and silver related stocks with confidence at this point, possibly not getting in at the bottom but the downside is minimal. A similar situation for gold is yet to come, but probably not far off.

https://www.clivemaund.com/article.php?id=4572

• CLARKBAR
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
SBDave, IT IS TRUE.. many now have been convinced of this gold and silver bear market continuation... I"ve not grown weary of the best minds of precious metals prognostication.. but I've come to appreciate the FULLNESS OF TIME ARGUMENT that so many have not embraced.. I TOO, WAS A HARD CASE... PERMA-BULL that underwent a metamorphosis of thinking when it came to time-line and conditions necessary to be met prior to seeing a SUSTAINED MARKET TURN.. in my way of thought these necessary CONDITIONS are now being MET IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME... for me.. THE STREAMING SILVER COMPANIES OFFER COMPELLING ARGUMENT THAT DEMANDS MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.  THE THREE HORSEMEN OF THIS NASCENT TURN ARE INDEED, QUICKLY APPROACHING~!  

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7
Martin Armstrong says that May will be the month the tide may change for the metals.

Reply #8
SBDave, IT IS TRUE.. many now have been convinced of this gold and silver bear market continuation... I"ve not grown weary of the best minds of precious metals prognostication.. but I've come to appreciate the FULLNESS OF TIME ARGUMENT that so many have not embraced.. I TOO, WAS A HARD CASE... PERMA-BULL that underwent a metamorphosis of thinking when it came to time-line and conditions necessary to be met prior to seeing a SUSTAINED MARKET TURN.. in my way of thought these necessary CONDITIONS are now being MET IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME... for me.. THE STREAMING SILVER COMPANIES OFFER COMPELLING ARGUMENT THAT DEMANDS MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.  THE THREE HORSEMEN OF THIS NASCENT TURN ARE INDEED, QUICKLY APPROACHING~!  

In addition to the three streaming horsemen, I like SAND. For ten or eleven months the share price has been a steady performer, up about 40% though it has taken a beating since late January.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #9
Nice move today. Silver needs to get above the MA's

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Martin Armstrong says that May will be the month the tide may change for the metals.

same time djt going to get his silver wrist bands?

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #11
I think the consolidation is coming to an end. Maybe i should say hope.

Reply #12
Interesting thought Ed. I looked at the chart with some other indicators to see if it would or would not support a turn up in the near future. A side note, the fundamentals certainly support higher PM prices. For a year and a half silver has traded within a range from $15.80 to $18.40. within that range, price has generally trended down and is now bumping against an up trending support line that goes bch to December 2015. Bouncing off it would be a good sign, but it might be better to see a short term but significant high volume dive below the support line and trading range to fulfill a capitulation bottom. Also shown is a golden cross at the end of February, but it is likely short lived as soon the relatively high value contributions from January will be coming off the 50 day curve. Oscillators have been of no value for mid to long term indication, but if the current situation is valid for long term, then MACD is mildly bullish. Bottom line, I do not know if silver is turning up in the short term, but I am convinced it is turning up and I am convinced it will not go much lower than the trading range or upper fifteens. That said, picking exact bottoms is a game I never win so I am building new positions and adding to core holdings while writing options on positions I would not mind losing to upgrade the portfolio.

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SPY/18x3Buu9-The-big-short/

i really hope this one is wrong for all of us