Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Yahoo Headline story. (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Yahoo Headline story.
Reply #15
LOL..Im going to go out on a limb here and say that 10-11k will be the all time high in bitcoin...and it will be banned altogether by the US.
I will also say that gold will be worth MORE than bit coin within 18 months.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #16
LOL..Im going to go out on a limb here and say that 10-11k will be the all time high in bitcoin...and it will be banned altogether by the US.
As we all know, Bitcoin has been putting the brake on PM's. At least that is my opinion.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
So you think today was the top? I say a long way to go before a blow off top. Gentlemans bet for 18 months For BTC and Gold. ER 

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
gentlemans bet ER..or a beer at some point!

Reply #19
note the first story in the thread.

now it's a bubble.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/11/27/the-man-who-called-bitcoin-10k-now-sees-this-for-the-cryptocurrency.html
I think by psycology this should have been the 5th wave of the 3rd major where the funds and investing houses set up positions.
I took some profits today, bought some silver and have some cash for buying in lower. I'll keep most of my  BTC, ETH LTC and a few alts. NXT STR GNT BTS LBC XRP are the ones i still have some of. thinned them out.
I decided to buy some phys. got 17.65$ of 1$ over at the time.
 8)
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #20
So you think today was the top? I say a long way to go before a blow off top. Gentlemans bet for 18 months For BTC and Gold. ER
Are you in BC?

Some years ago a friend told me about it. Back in the day it was 20 bucks. I didn't understand it so I tossed the idea. Not a good thing.......

• sn00p
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSDT/S187VZ59-ed-warned-me-about-you/

not sure if this will happen... but just a thought
I think this bitcoin thing is tulips. Just can't see it.
I have been hearing that since $2000 its over 10000 now
I called the bo at 2k when it was 1.0 value of gold https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/p7BeCM4U-The-road-to-2-0-btc-gold-what-to-hold/ I just dont know how this can stay propped up so high... I think its better to limit risk to a few % and just hold thru the storm no matter what. I could be wrong that it is topping in favor of metals; however, ill be holding my few % regardless because im young enough that it is fine if it takes a few years to develop.  I'm 2% crypto 18% PM 80% stocks with maybe 30% of that 80 as high risk and 50% of it in longer term dividend payers $CAT $DWDP $TRV $DE.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #22
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSDT/S187VZ59-ed-warned-me-about-you/

not sure if this will happen... but just a thought
I think this bitcoin thing is tulips. Just can't see it.
I have been hearing that since $2000 its over 10000 now
I called the bo at 2k when it was 1.0 value of gold https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/p7BeCM4U-The-road-to-2-0-btc-gold-what-to-hold/ I just dont know how this can stay propped up so high... I think its better to limit risk to a few % and just hold thru the storm no matter what. I could be wrong that it is topping in favor of metals; however, ill be holding my few % regardless because im young enough that it is fine if it takes a few years to develop.  I'm 2% crypto 18% PM 80% stocks with maybe 30% of that 80 as high risk and 50% of it in longer term dividend payers $CAT $DWDP $TRV $DE.
I follow your charts on TV. Some of the stuff you buy is a bit pricey for my small account. Either way, I hope you make a bundle!

Reply #23
Some possible downside targets in green.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
note the first story in the thread.

now it's a bubble.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/11/27/the-man-who-called-bitcoin-10k-now-sees-this-for-the-cryptocurrency.html
I think by psycology this should have been the 5th wave of the 3rd major where the funds and investing houses set up positions.
I took some profits today, bought some silver and have some cash for buying in lower. I'll keep most of my  BTC, ETH LTC and a few alts. NXT STR GNT BTS LBC XRP are the ones i still have some of. thinned them out.
I decided to buy some phys. got 17.65$ of 1$ over at the time.
 8)
I had no idea you were holding all that Crypto. A lot of those alt coins are at all time highs. This doesn't have to be an all or nothing play as you posted, hold some, sell some, convert some to silver. Smart play ED.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Are you in BC?

Some years ago a friend told me about it. Back in the day it was 20 bucks. I didn't understand it so I tossed the idea. Not a good thing.......
I own it by proxy in the BTC trust symbol GBTC crazy premium and very volatile, but so far so good. This is a text book bubble I just think it can bet a lot bigger before it deflates. The whole world is fighting for 16 million coins which is probably more like 13 or 14 mill  due to lost coins. How the futures market will affect BTC remains to be seen.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Im smelling a 50% drop in the next few days..just a hunch...11000 to 5500.

Reply #27

I do not weigh in much on the crypto's because with them, I do not believe there is a there there. I do not see any difference when compared to a baseless dollar, counterparty risk through the roof. The dollar is dependent on faith in the government's ability to tax more worthless dollars, classic Ponzie scheme, and the crypto currencies counterparty risk is faith in the programmers and honesty of their management not to dilute by decree, not to mention a hack, power outage or software error. Block chain technology may make the risk less, but it is not removed. Bottom line Crypto currency is a computer game with gold stars for winning that the winner hopes he can sell to a greater fool. A drop similar to the drop from the peak of the tulip boom would not surprise me, in fact, I expect it

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #28

I do not weigh in much on the crypto's because with them, I do not believe there is a there there. I do not see any difference when compared to a baseless dollar, counterparty risk through the roof. The dollar is dependent on faith in the government's ability to tax more worthless dollars, classic Ponzie scheme, and the crypto currencies counterparty risk is faith in the programmers and honesty of their management not to dilute by decree, not to mention a hack, power outage or software error. Block chain technology may make the risk less, but it is not removed. Bottom line Crypto currency is a computer game with gold stars for winning that the winner hopes he can sell to a greater fool. A drop similar to the drop from the peak of the tulip boom would not surprise me, in fact, I expect it
You see it as it is.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
Wouldn't surprise me. It has done the 50% + drop  several times on the way from .02 to $11,000 always made new highs after the drop. Wallstreet money is coming, and those boys don't like to pay up for anything.