฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: GDX 3-22-17 (Read 337 times) previous topic - next topic

GDX 3-22-17
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: GDX 3-22-17
Reply #1

Reply #2

Reply #3
It has been a while since anything has been posted on this thread and to be honest, Adam Hamilton's blog this week drove me to looking at the ratio, but in its inverse. A quote from his blog: "Throughout this entire gold bull, gold has never been higher with sub-250k spec longs than it is today near $1300! Usually the yellow metal was only around $1250 at this kind of positioning. So we are now witnessing gold's highest basing in its bull market relative to spec longs. $1350 isn't much higher than $1300, just another 3.8%. There's a good chance the remaining stage-two buying will drive gold there." Here is the link to the full article:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/hamilton/hamilton041219.html

To check/verify his position, I plotted GDX priced in gold and find gold stocks in fact are doing quite well,and may even be pointing to a short term bottom in shares relative to gold. It is a bit encouraging for this investor with a long term bull bias.

Chart is up sloping nicely, moving averages are bull oriented, and MACD is position bearish, which in recent past has marked bottoms in the ratio.