฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: TRP  (Read 234 times) previous topic - next topic

TRP
I stuck my toe in the water with TRP at  $48.53
target is 73 in a month stop at 45 risk $3.50 reward $25
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: TRP
Reply #1
Looks interesting.  How much will this company benefit from Trump's stance on the Keystone Pipeline?  Risk/reward is similar to what we are looking at with miners.  People are probably not going to get as much of a pullback as they want in miners.  I am not selling.  I agree with you there.  I don't want to have to chase.  I did sell GDXJ 38 call expiring this Friday.  That is about as far out as I wanted to go.  Thanks, Ed.

Reply #2
Looks interesting.  How much will this company benefit from Trump's stance on the Keystone Pipeline?  Risk/reward is similar to what we are looking at with miners.  People are probably not going to get as much of a pullback as they want in miners.  I am not selling.  I agree with you there.  I don't want to have to chase.  I did sell GDXJ 38 call expiring this Friday.  That is about as far out as I wanted to go.  Thanks, Ed.

Interesting on the GDXJ calls, I have covered calls expiring this Friday at $38.50 and $39.00. I am with you on a week out, however, I have sold monthly calls on a couple issues where weeklies are not available but the strike price is 30% or 40% above price at time of selling.

Reply #3

Reply #4
Ed, if you think TRP is going to have a big run, you can get Mar 55 calls really cheap.  This looks like a nice dividend stock.  I bought some of those calls today for 0.10.  The options market does not agree with your assessment.  If you are right I will make a killing.  I don't know the company, and it looks like they have had a big run already in the past year.  Anyway, like you said, the risk/reward looks compelling.  Thanks

Reply #5
that is cheap, do you see any heavy O/I  strikes in any month.
i can't afford even a few contracts ATM i have to stick with my plan,
Right now I need to Play it safe, by putting like 75% of my money in USAS and EXK
Don't try to make sense of that, it does to me and i know my plan.
My plan does include options within 3 years.
So talking about them helps  me a lot.

Reply #6
Nothing heavy.  The biggest open interest is 50 calls for Feb and Mar.  4000 for Feb, 5500 for Mar

Reply #7
I let this one go, no sense in going red.
I do not like the chart, as it did not do what i had expected.
I will keep watching

Reply #8
May have just been dollar related today.  I am going to see if it turns back up with gold/silver.  I don't have much to lose. 

Reply #9
I do not know why i bothered, I need to have my rules in front of me on paper i guess. I feel good about the pick, i do not need another basket to watch all my eggs are in a silver one and i do much better with only having to watch the one.
I know what they say, but I am different.  I have done this before and know myself too many baskets and I tend to forget about one here and there.

• sn00p
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10