฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: One of the best (Read 492 times) previous topic - next topic

One of the best
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: One of the best
Reply #1
That is one way to get above them!!
Notice how it went sideways after the gap last time? There is resistance soon, will it be similar?

Reply #2
One of the reasons i don't post more charts is I haven't gotten over the feeling I need to comment.
I don't mind answering questions, making comment is hard.

Reply #3
As of today (Thursday) SSRI holds the #1 spot in momentum and PAAS comes in at the #4 spot. Both landing in the top five range, which is good position for the moment.  PAAS looks to me like it is coming to an end for awhile while SSRI has done some work in its progression and looks like it has more room to grow. I would venture a guess that SSRI will yield a greater return in the short term. Both look pretty close in their potential gain percentages. IMO.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
PAAS is my 3rd biggest position, followed by SSRI...love both for costs and amazing balance sheets...I notice that many on this board don't pay attention to these things and strictly follow technicals which is a big mistake IMO. I look at technicals but my DD is done strictly old school. Good management being my #1 criteria..Thats why for the life of me I don't get why people buy Iamgold.

Reply #5
I know I'm differing on your outlook for PAAS Ed, but this is where I see PAAS. First PAAS historically has a peak value in my setup of 35 +/- with isolated values that push into the 50 +/- range. Currently PAAS holds a value of 31. Two PAAS along its 44 day average is up five levels as I see it and to me looks like extended performance without any significant correction. On these two points it looks like the barrier from 8/8/16 of 21.46 is going to be significant. It may get past it only to come down hard.  I'm viewing PAAS to go horizontal if not down after reaching 21.46. We'll see and just a little input from my end. GL.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #6
I picked up PVG yesterday. Today they released a statement saying the operations are going to cost an additional 100 million. Go figure...
I give it a few days. It will most likely recover.

Goes to show you that a variety balances out the loses.

Reply #7
PAAS is my 3rd biggest position, followed by SSRI...love both for costs and amazing balance sheets...I notice that many on this board don't pay attention to these things and strictly follow technicals which is a big mistake IMO. I look at technicals but my DD is done strictly old school. Good management being my #1 criteria..Thats why for the life of me I don't get why people buy Iamgold.
You, Ed, Sandy and Erich all display skill along with deep insight. It's obvious the high level arena you all play from and your comments are greatly appreciated even if or when I don't understand it or it is difficult to follow. Different investors choose different avenues that eventually become a skill with practice and continued development that fits with their personality and type of mind. I've already outlined my approach. It's pretty basic, "find the pivot point, go for the ride". Many would call that "stock chasing", I call it "trimming the fat" and that being eliminate as much wasted time as possible. Simply put "keep moving". My board is designed that way based on my past experiences. I couldn't be happier with what I've put together and I try to stay on top of it by finding the new and better approach when I can. Birds of a feather flock together, but I think it's nice when different birds can flock together.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #8
Anyone here familiar with Martin Armstrong the economist?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong

I really like this guy. Especially since he was imprisoned for over seven years for civil contempt of court.
Smart he is...
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com

Reply #9
I picked up PVG yesterday. Today they released a statement saying the operations are going to cost an additional 100 million. Go figure...
I give it a few days. It will most likely recover.

Goes to show you that a variety balances out the loses.

there is disappointing news in the release for sure, but it is not all bad. It appears that construction schedule is about one quarter ahead and the overrun was anticipated, but not that bad as it is around a month's worth of after tax once they get up to full production. A key phrase for me in the news release is:

"Working Capital 

With the remaining draw under the US$540 million construction financing and available cash on hand, we have sufficient cash to complete the construction of the Brucejack Mine and are assessing our working capital requirements during the first three months of production." Seems management is not worried about finishing the project, but concerned about cash available to pay the bills during the early operation. I am a little more concerned as commissioning could turn up a costly issue or two, but the time to worry about that is if it occurs. I still like the company and management and do not plan to part with any of my position.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #10
Anyone know why its so quiet in the march up in PM's today?
The headline on Zero Hedge is this : "Trump's First Payroll Report: 227K Surge In Jobs, But Earnings Disappoint; Unemployment Rate Ticks Higher"

Reply #11
You don't see this every day. This is so bullish i'm drooling. Talk about the dips being bought.
it is only a 15m but it tells a lot. For silver too.  :)

Reply #12
PAAS beats earnings

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) _ Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS) on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter net income of $21.8 million, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier.

The Vancouver, British Columbia-based company said it had profit of 14 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were 18 cents per share.

The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of three analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 12 cents per share.

The silver mining company posted revenue of $190.6 million in the period.

For the year, the company reported net income of $100.1 million, or 66 cents per share, swinging to a profit in the period. Revenue was reported as $774.8 million.

Pan American Silver shares have climbed 38 percent since the beginning of the year. The stock has more than doubled in the last 12 months.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
this was the only miner I bought 4 years ago with Iamgold...Iamgold was a BIG mistake and a terribly run company...Ended up losing only 25% on it as sold near highs in Aug 2016...PAAS has doubled since I bought back then...I also tripled my positions near 7 dollars so this is a core position which will never be sold...Can you imagine the profits they will have a t 40 dollar silver when they are highly profitable right now. They will increase dividends as well when silver prices rise...A must hold for any gold/silver investor.

Reply #14
I mentioned the dips being bought
This is a but the dip dip i don't buy the pullback on good news for a minute.