฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: Genesis Metals (Read 75 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Genesis Metals
I bought a small position in this name yday at .34 cents Canadian
Ticker is GSI.V, also trades GGISF in US
A contact of mine in Vancouver told me lost of smart people have been buying it lately.
I looked at it and looks like a lottery ticket.
Good land package, already some decent drill results, Sprott a shareholder, small float and over 2 mil cash in bank.
Its in Quebec so good jurisdiction. Warrants and options are at or above this price and not that many. Also not a huge amount of shares issued. Small mcap.
They should have drill results out shortly.

This group is the same group that did Great Beat Resources and that turned out to be a 10 bagger last year.
The way I see it its worth to put a small amount of throw away money into this. I put less than 1% of my portfolio in it.
Let me know what you think.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: Genesis Metals
Reply #1
A contact of mine in Vancouver told me lost of smart people have been buying it lately.
Good land package, already some decent drill results, Sprott a shareholder, small float and over 2 mil cash in bank.
Its in Quebec so good jurisdiction. Warrants and options are at or above this price and not that many. Also not a huge amount of shares issued. Small mcap.

This group is the same group that did Great Beat Resources and that turned out to be a 10 bagger last year.
The way I see it its worth to put a small amount of throw away money into this. I put less than 1% of my portfolio in it.

I try to stay away from OTC stocks anymore. Mostly scams IMHO.

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
its not a scam. Serious group behind it. It has a full listing on Vancouver exchange and Sprott owns 4%.
I wold not bring it to this board if I thought it was a scam.

Reply #3

It was refreshing to read the bio's for management and board, not filled with unemployed government folks, rather real mining expertise represented. They have found quite a bit of gold, probably economic, and there is great potential to expand the resource given the neighborhood. Only having $C3.24 million in cash means they will probably need go to the well for funds to complete de-risking and resource expansion. It is also good to see insiders with about 16% ownership, good alignment with the rest of the shareholder owners. I see it as a good possibility for a successful gamble, thanks for pointing it out.

This is the first time I had heard of the Discovery Group. I am not sure of the membership value other than opportunity to exchange ideas and pick others' brains for best way forward and that can be significant.

Reply #4

I try to stay away from OTC stocks anymore. Mostly scams IMHO.

I agree, many are scams, but to tar all the companies on that exchange with the same brush is probably a little over the top. That said, I tried to make a small purchase and received a message from US broker that I needed to call a representative to make the trade. Not sure why and not going to call as I was only going to buy enough to keep me interested.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5
Thanks Nikko and you guys too.
I charted it in usd before looking at CAD.
As long as it stays above the lower LT blue it should be fine.
One trick I use when there isn't much data to find a bottom after a crash is 90% off highs. This is shown in yellow.
A double to the orange should be easy on a BO.

Next I did it in CAD. Without thinking about the USD version.
The first thing I noticed was the vol spike that was probably Nikko buying. :))
When it breaks the 100WMA in green, it's going to take off.
Many penny stocks are scams. Some aren't. TBH, when it's really early in a bull it almost doesn't matter.  Remember when any company with dot com in it's name became a 50 bagger? Or what non-producers did starting in 02 in metals, A rising tide lifts all boats.
The fist tp ended up being double here too. Yellow
I pulled the green down a bit to meet one of the highs. otherwise the .382 Fib would be a 10 bagger off the bottom. Green
A 10 bagger from here would be somewhere between the .500 and .618 fibs (Orange, Red) which is quite possible sometime after gold breaks ist's ATH and 2000 USD.
Nicco, would you mind asking your contact their opinion of my chart?
Thanks

For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
My contact is not a chart guy...and I only bought 70k shares, so thats not me doing the pushing. Another friend of mine bought 40k shares yday.
The Group that runs the project are serious players. Look at the bios. They know how to do things and have past success. Great Bear ( GBR.to ) is in their group of holding and has gone up 20X, but they had incredible discoveries.
Its all about the drill results though, and this is a lotto ticket. I have less than 1% of my holdings in this name, so I can afford to lose it all.
This is not a recomendation as was Barrick last year.
If you want my rec, buy physical platinum, or at least the PPLT etf.
I hold AG as well now but in all honestly could never recommend this company to anyone just like CDE. But it does run when silver runs...thats why I bought it at 8.50 level.
I also bought some Impala and Anglo American Platinum, but I could not recommend this as they are in South Africa mostly. Its simply a play on platinum for me which I am uber bullish on.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #7
I agree on platinum.
We all understand these are all just opinions here, not advice hence "For entertainment purposes only" on every page.
I appreciate your opinion a lot.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #8
I agree on platinum.
We all understand these are all just opinions here, not advice hence "For entertainment purposes only" on every page.
I appreciate your opinion a lot.

"For Entertainment Purposes Only"

Sad that in this society we have to post this stuff. Its the same in the herb business. "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."But the truth is, herbs do cure.
  • Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:31:43 AM by ken