฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: The Abyss (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

The Abyss
The markets have gone over the edge. There is nothing for them to latch onto as they fall helplessly into the abyss that Bernake spoke of in regards to the 2008 financial crisis. The only thing that can be done to slow it down is for the fed to buy everything. The final slip was in September when the overnight bank lending rate went up to 10% in one day. The Fed stepped in without explanation and started it's repos. There must have been a major bank that failed that day and it was covered up. Everything is being sold.
CFD's carry a counter-party risk. Physical will eventually diverge from paper pricing.
The bank defaults are coming.
Bankruptcies will abound in all corporations.
Cash is king.
Silver and gold longs are being liquidated because of margin.
There is no truly safe place in any market right now.
They will have to close the markets to stop them from falling.
Be safe.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Abyss
Reply #1
The markets have gone over the edge. There is nothing for them to latch onto as they fall helplessly into the abyss that Bernake spoke of in regards to the 2008 financial crisis. The only thing that can be done to slow it down is for the fed to buy everything. The final slip was in September when the overnight bank lending rate went up to 10% in one day. The Fed stepped in without explanation and started it's repos. There must have been a major bank that failed that day and it was covered up. Everything is being sold.
CFD's carry a counter-party risk. Physical will eventually diverge from paper pricing.
Cash is king.
Be safe.

Only thing left is too watch. What a disaster that is unfolding.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I mentioned that miners were in danger not long ago. Hope some people listened. This move has saved my yearly gain.
I am trading a bit. Bought some GOLD this am at 13,48...have a stop at 15.25 now and if that doesnt get triggered Ill sell at days end.
Great trading opps if one has discipline with stop losses. Stay away from any leveraged etfs as they are poison.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
sold GOLD at 16.35...insane daily swing. Made 22% in a day on the biggest most liquid miner. Insanity

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
Reply #4
sold GOLD at 16.35...insane daily swing. Made 22% in a day on the biggest most liquid miner. Insanity
Right now I look at that as a shot in the dark. I thought about it but must live for another day.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Cash is king.
Be safe.

Only thing left is too watch. What a disaster that is unfolding.
I agree I am 100% out of everything except real estate and cash. Looking hard at the most beaten down sector which is the cruise ship industry. RCL @ under $30 was  $130 last month.   GLTA ER

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
Reply #6
I will say this, this is about politics. The death rate is far below the 1918 pandemic. Complete bullshit designed to keep DT from re-election IMHO. It WILL destroy the democratic party and I think it should. Fucking everyone in the country to destroy one man is psychopathic.  Read "Snakes in Suits" when psychopaths go to work.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Ed is correct, the risk of market closure is big. Dont get stuck with leveraged etf's as they may end up at zero. Its a real possibility.
Eric, stick to miners with cashflows like Barrick, Newmont , KL, SSRM, PAAS...I am waiting for a final plunge in these between 30-40% before taking longterm positions. Why wold you even bother with cruiseships when this trade will be like taking milk from a baby. What I am saying is dont overcomplicate trading. We know in 2 years gold will be much higher than now.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Ed is correct, the risk of market closure is big. Dont get stuck with leveraged etf's as they may end up at zero. Its a real possibility.
Eric, stick to miners with cashflows like Barrick, Newmont , KL, SSRM, PAAS...I am waiting for a final plunge in these between 30-40% before taking longterm positions. Why wold you even bother with cruiseships when this trade will be like taking milk from a baby. What I am saying is dont overcomplicate trading. We know in 2 years gold will be much higher than now.

Yes of course I am watching the PM markets I just feel the indicators I used to use to predict direction are no longer valid. The Cruise Ship Idea is just one sector I am watching. Keep me posted I'm on job sites all day and don't spend 1/10th the time on markets I used to.   ER    

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
I will say this, this is about politics. The death rate is far below the 1918 pandemic. Complete bullshit designed to keep DT from re-election IMHO. It WILL destroy the democratic party and I think it should. Fucking everyone in the country to destroy one man is psychopathic.  Read "Snakes in Suits" when psychopaths go to work.
I might agree if it was just the USA acting this way. The entire world is closed for business and not for Donald Trump.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
Reply #10
The entire world is closed for business and not for Donald Trump.

There is more to this I know. The question is, what?

ON edit, found this:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/if-contrived-political-hysteria-what-objective
  • Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:24:40 PM by ken

Reply #11
The abyss
For Entertainment Purposes Only.