฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: DXY Feb 2020 (Read 703 times) previous topic - next topic

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
DXY Feb 2020

Re: DXY Feb 2020
Reply #1
Am I correct Ken in thinking RSI and MACD are rich and value is above channel so you are suggesting a top in the dollar relative to other fiats?

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #2
Am I correct Ken in thinking RSI and MACD are rich and value is above channel so you are suggesting a top in the dollar relative to other fiats?
RSI is extended and I foresee a pullback to the 98 level as a short term correction. Look at the EURUSD and it is a waterfall event. Money seeks safety and the EU as a entity has a short life span IMHO. When the EU falls apart you will see the US dollar take off big time. Its the only game for a safe bet, albeit an illusion but that's the market.
Think ETF before that time comes.

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
To show you how nicely the dollar is doing let's look at a bearish dollar etf...

Looks like the turn around in the DXY is soon!
  • Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:18:42 PM by ken

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #5

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
Cash is king. It is desperately needed to pay debts.

Reply #7

Note the last data point spike, our Federal Reserve at work!

Reply #8
one more try for the graph

Reply #9
Last week M2 jumped $435 billion and for the last two weeks it was $600 billion. the late Senator Barry Goldwater would have said were are starting to talk about some real money, but oh how wrong can one be, it is all fiat. Goods and services contracted during the same period thus, this will be reflected as inflation sooner or later, probably later when the government is in control of calculating economic statistics.

On another note, gold COT continues a very slow move to more favor for gold price increase that has lasted about 6 weeks.

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #10
We are looking at May I believe for Pm's.

Reply #11
I just do not understand how the supply of dollars can increase like they have over the past year and the dollar be going higher against the other currencies; does not say much for the others I guess.

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12
I just do not understand how the supply of dollars can increase like they have over the past year and the dollar be going higher against the other currencies; does not say much for the others I guess.

That's easy. The dollar rises because of what's going on in the EU. It looks like they are failing big time. Negative rates, more taxes. So where do you hide your money? Why open a American bank account and put your money in the bank. We will be the last man standing when this all goes to shit.

Reply #13

That's easy. The dollar rises because of what's going on in the EU. It looks like they are failing big time. Negative rates, more taxes. So where do you hide your money? Why open a American bank account and put your money in the bank. We will be the last man standing when this all goes to shit.
[/quote]

Classic least dirty shirt in the laundry. I think you have hit the nail on the head

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #14
The supply of dollars may be high, but they don't go anywhere.  They all are being used for the thing that really gives the dollar it's value and it's not the military. What is the one thing you need in order to keep what you have? It is a dollar to pay your debts and taxes. There is WAY more debt than the fed is printing. Actually most of what is printed goes to adding to the debt pile.  As long as there are a vast group that needs dollars to prevent some foreclosure, bankruptcy, theft by non tax payments or repossession they will sell everything for dollars,