฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: 2020 Silver!  (Read 2140 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2020 Silver!
Reply #15
I wonder if we are in for a repeat of last October?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #16
The ratio.
Crazy huh?

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
FYI...if anyone wants to buy SILVER you should via PSLV. Its trading at a historic dicount to NAV. Almost 10%.
So basically you are buying silver at a 10% discount to spot.
I bought a bit in a retirement account today.

Reply #18
FYI...if anyone wants to buy SILVER you should via PSLV. Its trading at a historic dicount to NAV. Almost 10%.
So basically you are buying silver at a 10% discount to spot.
I bought a bit in a retirement account today.

Certainly not a bad to buy silver as it will eventually go up, but short term oscillators are still negative and price is below lower BB. I am going to buy some but waiting for indicators to get more positive.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
The ratio.
Crazy huh?

I believe this is the highest it has been since 1915!

Reply #20
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #21
Looking at the chart below shows price discovery at least in the quoted markets is messed up. if price were around $20 where the quotes are for physical delivery, the moving averages would be bull oriented and the would not have been a death cross painted a few days ago. MACD is strong as are the fundamentals with demand up and mines being shut down in compliance with government orders to stem the Wuhan virus spread. I believe the paper markets are going to have a 'come to Jesus moment' soon as there have been several accounts of failure to deliver or default to London for physical metal. There is regulation for the small guy, but it is wild west rules for the likes like JPM, even though they have had several traders charged with spoofing. A buyer of size standing for delivery could shake things up although he may end up like the Hunt brothers, perfectly legal and within the rules, but not what the powers wanted so the rules changed making their debt turn from leverage to liability sinking them in the process. A hike in margin requirements now might be what is needed to clean the mess.

• andre171
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #22
While the forecasts for gold are generally very positive, opinions are divergent for silver.
For some, it will reach $ 50 because gold will go up and the gold / silver ratio will go down.
On the contrary, for others, the industrial metal side hinders a better price for silver.
What do you think, what is your short and medium term course objective?

Reply #23
While the forecasts for gold are generally very positive, opinions are divergent for silver.
For some, it will reach $ 50 because gold will go up and the gold / silver ratio will go down.
On the contrary, for others, the industrial metal side hinders a better price for silver.
What do you think, what is your short and medium term course objective?
Not that I am biased pro silver or anything but under $20 is cheap. I believe we aren't going to get much of a pullback in gold or silver until the real world gets back to work. Once it gets past 16 and 18.50, the targets will come fast with minor dips. I see 17.50 ST  23 in a few months and high 20's medium-long term.

Reply #24
My thoughts about industrial demand would be that as that decreases, so will the mining of base metals.  As shutdowns drag on, the supply chain is being drained. I know there wasn't enough gold at comex to meet delivery so they changed the rules.  I expect that to happen with silver also. When the dealers all try to restock at once.  There is always a chance that silver will experience the same deflation that everything else will.

• andre171
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #25
Reading this article, we can hope!What do you think ?
realistic or overly optimistic?
https://or-argent.eu/pourquoi-largent-est-il-a-la-traine-quand-va-t-il-bouger/

Reply #26
About 30 years ago I picked up some French working in Gabon, seems I lost most of it. I think Silver will lag gold if it holds that silver does not fare as well in depressions as I believe we are headed for depression globally. Money printing does not change the fact that for the most part, the world has been borrowing and spending beyond its means consuming wealth. Our standard of living is going to drop commensurate with retained wealth, and we have not retained much. I was unable to ferret out much on CDE, but a zebra does not change it stripes and this management is not capable of leading CDE to leadership in the industry. They are trying to apply financial gimmicks to an extraction business model, it will not work. Product price increases may support share price, but not more than their peers as the business model requires selling mined product for more than the entire cost of mining, including front office expenses. Yes, free cash flow is important, but it is not the metric to base company success, not like profit. Buying the product is probably a better investment than CDE, even in an up market as CDE has been mining at a loss for a very long time. It will take a lot of PM price improvement to change those stripes.

Reply #27
Reading this article, we can hope!What do you think ?
realistic or overly optimistic?
https://or-argent.eu/pourquoi-largent-est-il-a-la-traine-quand-va-t-il-bouger/
I think this is about right. Because the "price of silver" is a CFD they can force it to sell off on paper. This does bring some physical to market as holders get discouraged. It barely decreases supply as we have seen miners are willing to produce and sell at a loss.  The last thing those who have unlimited paper to sell want is for silver become a safe haven especially when money is flowing out of stocks without a place to go. My guess is that they hope to subdue investment demand enough so that any increases will be offset by decreased industrial demand enough to prevent a run on the fractional reserve physical metal trading bank. They are willing to let those who want the metal at artificially low prices have it if it keeps a whole lot more from entering it. When the feedback loop of higher prices brings higher demand ball starts rolling, it doesn't take long before it snowballs to the point where they can't stop it.  When that does happen, and it will, there won't be enough physical metal to be had.

• andre171
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28
When that does happen, and it will, there won't be enough physical metal to be had.
But when ?

Reply #29
That's the billion dollar question.