฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Bought NUGT as trade (Read 272 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Bought NUGT as trade
Reply #15
Bought 500 shares NUGT at 27.95...but holding a very tight stop at 27.45

Reply #16
rooting for you're NUGT option trade Sandy...barring disaster you should end up making money today.
I purchased some more SSRM just now at 9.58...man has it been beaten down.
Looking like I will have NUGT put to me over the weekend for $29.00 (net $28.52. Not to worry, I sell calls next week. Sorry to hear about SSRM accident, it is always tragic to have people hurt and killed on the job.

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
I sold the 500 NGUT at 28.58...banked 300 bucks...not holding over weekend.

Reply #18
rooting for you're NUGT option trade Sandy...barring disaster you should end up making money today.
I purchased some more SSRM just now at 9.58...man has it been beaten down.

So far so good with NUGT, had it put to me this weekend. I have a feeling we might see a good run in PM stocks this week. If so, I will lose the NUGT position, but will pick up 10% plus gain over two weeks. It works for me.

• CLARKBAR
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #19
SandybeachDave.. don't you just love it when a plan comes together? (I know that I certain.y do)

Reply #20
SandybeachDave.. don't you just love it when a plan comes together? (I know that I certain.y do)

Yep!

Reply #21
From Nikko's post, "I sold the 500 NGUT at 28.58...banked 300 bucks...not holding over weekend."

I was wondering what you thought about entering the NUGT trade now. The situation is pretty much the same as last week wrt news other than Trump has run through half the time on his Asia trip.

Over the last week plus, NUGT has built a little base around $29 to $30 and STO and MACD have turned positive with RSI looking better. It also looks like it is coming off lower line BB support. I think I will cover my calls and see if it runs up a little.

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
can't say my friend...I am starting to turn pretty negative on miners right now...Thinking we will see flush towards end of year and in Jan...so keeping powder dry till then...GL

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #23
can't say my friend...I am starting to turn pretty negative on miners right now...Thinking we will see flush towards end of year and in Jan...so keeping powder dry till then...GL
PM's might hit bottom by the end of next month. Last 2 years this has been true. Tax time......

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
look at chart from last 4 years...sell in Oct and go away every time. Im just going with the odds.
I had been in gold only for a long time waiting for bottom and decided to go in BIG in Dec 2015, Jan 2016 and it payed off huge as made over 300% in 2016...cashed out.
My error was getting back in when there was no reason to and it cost me this year as am down about 12% this year and that is a major position in gold which has done well. SSRM cost me big as did AG which I got back into...
I am going to wait for blood...thats the way to make real money.

Reply #25
good observation on the last couple months of year for the last four years. It goes against longer term trends, but then so does all the price fixing and manipulation that goes on these days.

I was not able to post the graph, but here is a link to the original article

https://www.caseyresearch.com/gold-is-seasonal-when-is-the-best-month-to-buy/

Average up in November and December was 1/4% and 1/2% respectively over years 1975 through 2013.

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
I am flat completely as sold the rest of my SSRM today...I will never bash any bulls or hope they lose money, but my view is to now wait for pain in miners before buying a la end of year 2015.
Targets would be 5-6 for SSRM, 2-3 for AG and 2 bucks CDE

Reply #27
I am flat completely as sold the rest of my SSRM today...I will never bash any bulls or hope they lose money, but my view is to now wait for pain in miners before buying a la end of year 2015.

Supporting your flat position, it looks like Sprott pared back his holdings and raised a lot of cash in the market and in the pm space during the third quarter. He is obviously looking for better entry points down the road. Information like this makes me nervous, wanting to raise cash rather than writing call options on less than core holdings. The link is a listing of his decreased positions.

http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/sprott-inc-848276/decreased

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #28

Supporting your flat position, it looks like Sprott pared back his holdings and raised a lot of cash in the market and in the pm space during the third quarter. He is obviously looking for better entry points down the road. Information like this makes me nervous, wanting to raise cash rather than writing call options on less than core holdings. The link is a listing of his decreased positions.

http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/sprott-inc-848276/decreased
Notice what Sprott increased in buying....
http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/sprott-inc-848276/increased

Reply #29

Notice what Sprott increased in buying....
http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/sprott-inc-848276/increased

It seems on a casual observation, he is generating cash and what was added was food and energy related and a little JNUG in exchange for GDXJ, so he is holding onto upside potential in the juniors with less cash invested. For him, the additions are small potatoes, but the message is clear, his holdings are defensive and he expects turmoil positioning himself to take advantage of price dislocations.