฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Hurricane Irma  (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

Hurricane Irma
In view of the unpredictability and widespread destruction from hurricane Irma for the southeast and most likely upwards through the east coast as most hurricanes will track, we may very well be dealing with disaster recovery next week over a long and broad region. I've decided to pull out to the sidelines and pick it up again following the events still to come. It's very possible it's what today is all about. GL & batten down the hatches where it applies.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hurricane Irma
Reply #1
Seems its a flee to all cash. I'm still in regardless.

Reply #2
Seems its a flee to all cash. I'm still in regardless.
Could be. The financial networks rarely suffer during the big storms, but the upcoming event which looks big and widespread to me could be very disrupting in the markets. I'll consolidate for the time being and watch. There are always opportunities, so no big deal IMO. The worst case scenario is that Jose trails in afterwards, but that's not projected at the moment. Hurricanes were originally given female names for a reason and unpredictable says it all. The best we can do is say "we think". I'm not liking the windup.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
If this hurricane is as destructive as what the news is saying there are a lot of insurance companies that are going to bite the dust. You know this will result in a bailout.

If I lived there and lost everything I would pack up and move to a climate that didn't have such destructive events. Unreal as to Florida being so overbuilt.

Reply #4
If this hurricane is as destructive as what the news is saying there are a lot of insurance companies that are going to bite the dust. You know this will result in a bailout.

If I lived there and lost everything I would pack up and move to a climate that didn't have such destructive events. Unreal as to Florida being so overbuilt.

Good point, it's time for the country to let the money flow because that's what the people and businesses will demand, like it or not. As for Florida, it comes with the territory, it's not a big surprise to anyone. It happens, anyone who wants to play it like OMG, never in our lifetime! is just BS'ing.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
What Florida will look like after the hurricane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys0nGDN06xE