฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Living in the Matrix (Read 97 times) previous topic - next topic

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Living in the Matrix
The last few years I find it incredible the changes I have seen in society. Mostly negative.

So what's behind this?
State propaganda, and its getting to be a thorn under my cap. As I said when I was a child, "the United States is all about money" and as I learned decades later, money is control. So here's my rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBe93FMiJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

I see no solution as to moving the country back towards the founding values. Only a set of extreme disasters can do that.

• CLARKBAR
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Living in the Matrix
Reply #1
Absolutely correct.. when the masses decide which house to sell in order to get their food... they'll look at your home at the top of the hill and LOUDLY PROCLAIM... call it Communism or Progressiveness but, WE WANT TO SELL YOUR HOME.. it is the one thng that will make us all.. equal~!.

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #2
Yep!

Reply #3
Something to consider about economic reports is what they do not include that is assumed. GDP is the focus for this post. GDP is defined in Wikipedia as the following: "Components of GDP by expenditure[edit]

U.S. GDP computed on the expenditure basis.
GDP (Y) is the sum of consumption (C), investment (I), government spending (G) and net exports (X - M).
Y = C + I + G + (X − M)
Here is a description of each GDP component:
C (consumption) is normally the largest GDP component in the economy, consisting of private expenditures in the economy (household final consumption expenditure). These personal expenditures fall under one of the following categories: durable goods, nondurable goods, and services. Examples include food, rent, jewelry, gasoline, and medical expenses, but not the purchase of new housing.
I (investment) includes, for instance, business investment in equipment, but does not include exchanges of existing assets. Examples include construction of a new mine, purchase of software, or purchase of machinery and equipment for a factory. Spending by households (not government) on new houses is also included in investment. In contrast to its colloquial meaning, "investment" in GDP does not mean purchases of financial products. Buying financial products is classed as 'saving', as opposed to investment. This avoids double-counting: if one buys shares in a company, and the company uses the money received to buy plant, equipment, etc., the amount will be counted toward GDP when the company spends the money on those things; to also count it when one gives it to the company would be to count two times an amount that only corresponds to one group of products. Buying bonds or stocks is a swapping of deeds, a transfer of claims on future production, not directly an expenditure on products.
G (government spending) is the sum of government expenditures on final goods and services. It includes salaries of public servants, purchases of weapons for the military and any investment expenditure by a government. It does not include any transfer payments, such as social security or unemployment benefits.
X (exports) represents gross exports. GDP captures the amount a country produces, including goods and services produced for other nations' consumption, therefore exports are added.
M (imports) represents gross imports. Imports are subtracted since imported goods will be included in the terms G, I, or C, and must be deducted to avoid counting foreign supply as domestic.

Note that C, G, and I are expenditures on final goods and services; expenditures on intermediate goods and services do not count. (Intermediate goods and services are those used by businesses to produce other goods and services within the accounting year."

All measurements are in dollars that are supposedly adjusted for their change in value, so the adjustment is an attempt to relate or convert the units of measure from an elastic tool to something more constant, namely wealth or purchasing power. Notice debt in not a part of the equation. When debt is incurred, it is normally for an impending expenditure, to buy a house r to pay government bills. The payments are part of GDP, but the incurred debt is not, but it is a liability that must be discharged in the future and the expense of economic activity. I can see an argument for not including debt as it is just a transfer of who spends the money, the lender transfers the spend to the borrower, but in my mind it is at best a cancelling negative and  positive.

The second major item it does not address is wealth destruction. We see this clearly with the recent storm damage, but it also comes in the form of wear corrosion deterioration etc. A person buys a new car and ten years later more or less it has exhausted its useful life so he buys another new car to replace the old. The new car may be more valuable with better safety features etc., but the point stands, wealth has been taken from the economy by the loss of value attributed to the older car.

I am not saying DP is a wrong or bad measure to watch to evaluate the economy's health, what I am saying is be careful about what s assumed cognitively or not about what is and is not included.

• ken 
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #4
I look at it as a rough measure of the US economy. When you have QE the GDP jumps up due to spending. Someday that has to be paid back at the expense of  the poor bastards down the line. So it is to me a meaningless gauge of economic health.

• sn00p
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
we are in the matrix but im on the path toward cracking the code -- astrology and the higher order of natural vibrations which influence our collective conciousness.

I suggest you take a hard look at your natal chart and find your own destiny.

"Destiny.... Destiny... no escaping that's for me!" -- young frankenstein