฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: XAG, SLV, XAU, GDX & USDJPY (August) (Read 664 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: XAG, SLV, XAU, GDX & USDJPY (August)
Reply #15
A look at SLV. Same window of opportunity showing up, otherwise not such a good outlook IMO.

Reply #16
I'm not calling it, just highlighting what looks like inside C&H formations.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #17
The waiting game is on. Let's hope there is not a war with N. Korea. If so in this environment, PM would plunge. Make sense? Didn't think so..........

Reply #18
Channels for the yen with its relationship to gold. The waiting game as Ken has pointed out.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #19
I like that chart. Really shows the point.

Reply #20
Seeing some strength for gold this morning, we'll see if it's going to push through and hold. I'd expect a corresponding drop in the yen as confirmation. GL.

Reply #21
Giving up the ghost unless we can bounce. Short term pointer for me is still pointing up. Anything is possible, but definitely favoring the yen at the moment unless we see a disconnect phase come into play.

Reply #22
Could be serious trouble for the yen, looking for that confirmation to show up in gold and silver.

Reply #23
Not out of the woods yet, but looking real good for gold and silver's immediate future. We should get some clear direction today. Watch your backs, I'd still say anything is possible. GL.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #24

For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #25
Makes one wonder how bullish this phase is going to be. Do we wrap up the beginning? Do we play with war and the rumors of war for profit? Makes ya wonder. Definitely something to keep in mind. GL.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #26
The rumor of war is what drives this. When that stops what's next as a driver?

Reply #27
.... and hopefully with no war, are all things resolved after 9/18? There's always the driver. It makes me sick most of the time when it can be mapped so well on a chart (hind-sight usually). Defines manipulation IMO.

Reply #28

Recession followed by the fed trying to kill it by printing money and lowering interest rates. But the recession drives more people to the safety net putting greater demands on the US treasury with less tax revenue. Government is forced to borrow more increasing the supply of bonds into a weakening economy driving interest rates up, countering the fed's efforts. Since the government can't afford more interest payments, the fed steps in buying the bonds with freshly printed money (QE) keeping long rates down; for a while. This buying something (bonds) with nothing, the new fiat that only has value because it steals it from existing dollar denominated assets, is soon realized by the masses and PM's become the asset of choice because the value of the bods is diminishing faster than interest is paid on them. Bond holders realized they are going backwards on wealth (Sometimes referred to as purchasing power) so they sell to cut losses further adding to supply, lowering the dollar measured value and driving up interest rates. Government still has to sell new bonds further increasing supply so fed has to step in buying even more. PM's go up.

In my estimation that is the next driver for PM's in a situation where mine supply seems to be on the decline due to diminished exploration and development caused by the Fed manipulated low prices. What is wrong with this scenario?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #29
In my estimation that is the next driver for PM's in a situation where mine supply seems to be on the decline due to diminished exploration and development caused by the Fed manipulated low prices. What is wrong with this scenario?
More...Like Quote

I give the bond issue another couple years at most. Perhaps less.  The bubble bursts and then the panic begins. The PM's will be flooded with new buyers.