฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: XAG, SLV, XAU, GDX & USDJPY (August) (Read 569 times) previous topic - next topic

XAG, SLV, XAU, GDX & USDJPY (August)
I dropped GDXJ and in its place I figured I would follow SLV for an overall picture from this group.

A condition showing up on my board for the USDJPY suggests that it may reverse for a time. Right now I'm thinking that this will likely occur around the 109.70 spot shown on my chart and dated around 8/3. XAG and XAU have established tails in place and are currently holding against a 5 DMA. Historically, this would suggest a couple more days of steady performance, which puts us at the 8/3 date again. At the very least, I see 8/3 (Thursday) as a battle at this time. We'll how it plays out. GL.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: XAG, SLV, XAU, GDX & USDJPY (August)
Reply #1

My long term view. And with all the trouble in the world I may have this right...

Reply #2

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
Stocks going up in the last 1/2 hour today.

Is this why?
MUELLER ENLISTS GRAND JURY
https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-counsel-mueller-impanels-washington-grand-jury-in-russia-probe-1501788287

Reply #4
It's all speculation right now and I really can't say with any confidence what I think could happen. What I'm seeing is a stronger bottom for the yen than I anticipated it would turn from, even though not by much. My experience observing this suggests that the turn has a weakness in it. If this is the case, then the yen could tank and that would be a critical thing that could drop the yen to 108.00 or lower. The long term effect for miners is hard to say with pretty disgusting (emotional) response to simple earnings reports. I would look for a near-miss in the yen's MACD anywhere between Monday and Wednesday.

I really wish they never started shorting stocks, it's such an emotional, intraday game now. For what it's worth. GL.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
Well as you know, if there was no shorting, the market has no top and prices go ridiculously high.

Reply #6
Well as you know, if there was no shorting, the market has no top and prices go ridiculously high.

This is the sole reason I'm moving to the seeding approach that Sandy has stated he has been doing. Get in at the bottom, acquire a decent amount of shares and pull your core money out. Let the shares ride. Kind of developing a "Stock Bank" Far less risky in a high risk environment with wild swings and traps IMO.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7

This is the sole reason I'm moving to the seeding approach that Sandy has stated he has been doing. Get in at the bottom, acquire a decent amount of shares and pull your core money out. Let the shares ride. Kind of developing a "Stock Bank" Far less risky in a high risk environment with wild swings and traps IMO.
Give me an example how you would do this

Reply #8
How I should have played CSTM using a 5 DMA and the PSAR trick I spoke of yesterday.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #9
I see what you are saying. I play the same game. Except I have a tendency to get greedy. And we all know pigs get slaughtered....Just did today!

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #10
Taking profit along the way is something I need to do more often. It not that I don't buy right but don't take the profits quick enough. Just me...

Reply #11
I see what you are saying. I play the same game. Except I have a tendency to get greedy. And we all know pigs get slaughtered....Just did today!
It's hard to take your eyes off the big gain.

My focus is, remaining safe. I've been playing with high momentum stocks for some time now and even though they prove themselves to hold up well there is a lot of lag time involved. A wasted day is wasted money if you are playing for income. It's what you need to accomplish in a week with what you have. There is a small, relatively safe zone that can be used to acquire and build a position within a company. This allows you to avoid lag and offline time. Stocks usually swing inside a 20% + and - window along their track. Accumulated funds can be risked, but your core funds you need to keep safe. If you make a mistake with your core funds, then you should be able to repair the damage with what accumulated funds you have in your bank. That's where I'm at with this.

Reply #12

This strategy has built up a large number of shares, but as yet they have not appreciated much in aggragate. I am convinced we will get "the move" up and in the mean time, I am not loosing money to time depreciation with a wasting asset, namely options or paying interest and being exposed to the additional risk with margin. It wasn't always the case, but now I sleep well every night. Thanks for the call out.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #13
I admit I dream about the markets to damned often. I do wonder if gold is going to take a year off. Early 2017 was not enough to live on for the next year.

Reply #14
I admit I dream about the markets to damned often. I do wonder if gold is going to take a year off. Early 2017 was not enough to live on for the next year.

Keep the faith in your long term convictions if you truly did your due diligence. I do not mean this in any sort of derogatory way, but your comment is encouraging to me as it signals another anecdotal data point for capitulation.