฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: July (XAG, XAU, GDX, GDXJ & USDJPY) (Read 921 times) previous topic - next topic

July (XAG, XAU, GDX, GDXJ & USDJPY)

Re: July (XAG, XAU, GDX, GDXJ & USDJPY)
Reply #1
I still see life with the GDX's that appear to be holding it at the 5 day MA line following some earlier day to day performance. Looks good for continuation at this time, so I would look for solid performance in the miner's for a day or two at least. The Yen has pulled down in strength significantly and the buyback performance from here should be important to the setup as I see it unless there is a complete disconnect and what the Yen does doesn't matter.

Reply #2
Very sleepy morning in the GDX's with latent spikes finally  developing. Validation of the latent spikes are in, so it looks like we should play today. Let's see where we go. GL.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
Very sleepy morning in the GDX's with latent spikes finally  developing. Validation of the latent spikes are in, so it looks like we should play today. Let's see where we go. GL.
I actually bought some CDE today. The first thing it did was go down as usual.  8.59 This stock is at the lower end of the bollinger bands. AG, SSRI are near the top. By the time cde is near the top the others should have completed the pullback.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I actually bought some CDE today. The first thing it did was go down as usual.  8.59 This stock is at the lower end of the bollinger bands. AG, SSRI are near the top. By the time cde is near the top the others should have completed the pullback.
CDE taking  the lead so far. Picked up a little more SSRI. Holding AG CDE.

Reply #5
CDE taking  the lead so far. Picked up a little more SSRI. Holding AG CDE.
Checking on CDE this morning it looks like it is starting an advance. Good call IMO.

Reply #6
There are some things to like and dislike about the CDE chart.  As you say, it is in the lower BB spread and moving off it but via horizontal price action with the lower band falling, not a positive signal. the bands pinched at the beginning of the month and the break was down, not a good sign, but the horizontal price action my signal a short term bottom. MACD histogram is improving yet not bull oriented, the improvement is a good sign as is the improving RSI. PSAR is in in a downtrend, maybe nearing a bottom. It is hard to say on CDE price direction short term, but the bias is probably to the up side. Long term, I think the stock is buy. Right now one fundamental factor is the bad press, right or wrong, concerning the Lucky Friday miner's strike, that may be having the greater influence on the stock.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
There are some things to like and dislike about the CDE chart.  As you say, it is in the lower BB spread and moving off it but via horizontal price action with the lower band falling, not a positive signal. the bands pinched at the beginning of the month and the break was down, not a good sign, but the horizontal price action my signal a short term bottom. MACD histogram is improving yet not bull oriented, the improvement is a good sign as is the improving RSI. PSAR is in in a downtrend, maybe nearing a bottom. It is hard to say on CDE price direction short term, but the bias is probably to the up side. Long term, I think the stock is buy. Right now one fundamental factor is the bad press, right or wrong, concerning the Lucky Friday miner's strike, that may be having the greater influence on the stock.

Lucky Friday is a HL mine not CDE

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #8
Lucky Friday is Hecla's problem. Or am I missing something?

Reply #9
Lucky Friday is Hecla's problem. Or am I missing something?

My mistake, sorry. Feeling a little puny today, maybe should not post

Reply #10
Granted the advancement is only restrengthening for CDE and about a month later from when the bands pinched which is often the case. So far it's doing what it needs to do. Nice overall assessment.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #11
Seems to be a bit of a disconnect with the miners from the Yen. Saw this yesterday also.

Reply #12
Seems to be a bit of a disconnect with the miners from the Yen. Saw this yesterday also.
Been seeing that as well. I think there's a pretty good chance the upswing will last for awhile, especially with the long tail in place from Monday. Historically, it's looks to be a pretty good marker. It's not absolute, but it's a good sign IMO.

Reply #13
A look at Gold.

Reply #14
Here is another look at gold that is supportive of the fine work you presented in last night's reply. BB's are shown as a %. Notice the minimum % is a precursor to a short term up move, however, it is not fool proof as can be seen on the Nov. 11, 2016 minimum. One might have avoided acting on this false signal by viewing MACD and PSAR as they were flat ugly at this juncture. My graph is plotted with a semi log scale so the ascending support line shows a little more violation, but I am inclined to interpret this as a false violation. Parabolic Stop and Reverse has turned bull favorable, but MACD histogram is not bull oriented but showing a tendency to move in that direction. Overall it is a reasonably positive picture but could be better.