฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: In to May (XAG, XAU, GDX / USDJPY) (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In to May (XAG, XAU, GDX / USDJPY)
Reply #15
http://stockcharts.com/public/3267041/chartbook/512092519;

good chart on Yen performance vs gold
Yen broke today...I let go of 1/2 my AG trade...if it continues upwards tomorrow I will bail on the rest...does not look good for gold right now.

The chart is amazing. Thanks for the link

Reply #16
Looks like the proverbial dead mouse pop in the next few days to me. I find in the charts for silver reference points from back in 2011 that are likely to be some support. If silver can't hold, then it looks to me that we are likely headed for 15.00, but I think it's likely we will see something before that. As the yen takes a breather.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
no breather for the YEN...time to exit the rest today for me.
I can always come back...In trading one must be disciplined and the trend is obvious. GL all.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #18
I've been out a week. No reason to hold as far as I am concerned.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
I am holding my LT positions always...simply letting go of the rest of AG trade that I bought on Thursday...still up and will come out ahead.
I will get back in when the YEN turns

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Holding AG and CDE but I'm playing the wait and see game to add. SSRI under 9 looked very tempting.
Covered HL at even and am currently unhedged and slightly unhinged for now. GDX holding up surprisingly well..
ER

Reply #21
Holding AG and CDE but I'm playing the wait and see game to add. SSRI under 9 looked very tempting.
Covered HL at even and am currently unhedged and slightly unhinged for now. GDX holding up surprisingly well..
ER
Both GDX and GDXJ look to be moving horizontally into a stronger position for what I assume will be a short phase advancement. The yen has accomplished a lot, steadily moving upward from its beginning. Pushing forward about ten times now, the yen has pushed up its 44 day average today. With what it has done, it's a good bet at this point that it will likely start to stall and trim back. Tomorrow is still very possible for the yen, but I wouldn't bet on much after that. I would expect the GDX's to fair well as the scales tip. All of it, should it play through this way, could be very temporary since the yen could pick back up again after about a three day pullback. IMO. GL.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
ER
Both GDX and GDXJ look to be moving horizontally into a stronger position for what I assume will be a short phase advancement. The yen has accomplished a lot, steadily moving upward from its beginning. Pushing forward about ten times now, the yen has pushed up its 44 day average today. With what it has done, it's a good bet at this point that it will likely start to stall and trim back. Tomorrow is still very possible for the yen, but I wouldn't bet on much after that. I would expect the GDX's to fair well as the scales tip. All of it, should it play through this way, could be very temporary since the yen could pick back up again after about a three day pullback. IMO. GL. Not liking the follow through. HL short back on @ 5.49

Reply #24
With some room to breathe the yen looks to be up against resistance (best guess), which coincides with what we are seeing today and no, I don't believe it has anything to do with Trump and the Fed's. It looks like the track along the resistance line could go on for a while or the yen does a short term pullback and then breaks through. All of it is very iffy at the moment. No doubt the yen has some substantial strength in it right now.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Looking stronger now. AG and CDE leading the way. I am going to hold short HL overnight. Will cover
in the AM if  the strength continues.
GL     ER

Reply #26
Work-up on gold and it's possibilities. The post on yahoo https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-price-set-fall-174500827.html?.tsrc=rss says gold is set to fall and it is not outside the realm of possibility, even though I see it as unlikely. Still though, the yen could break gold. The governing point as of today still spots the high of 09/22/2016, if gold drops then the governing point(s) will shift to the most likely dates 06/24/2016 and the bottom levels around 03/10/2017, this would redefine the game with a new set of governing parameters as I see it. GL.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
ER
SSRI under 9 was the buy of the week!  :(  Fully loaded on CDE and 3/4 on AG. Unhedged at the moment.

ER

Reply #28
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but with the gdx, gold and silver all pushing resistance lines while the yen is currently down, next week is going to be very important. The yen is perfectly poised to come back strong Monday or early next week. Should the yen continue to drop or lag into late next week, the greater the odds are in favor of gold and silver's return. Caution and GL.

Reply #29