฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Missing Data Concerns (Read 399 times) previous topic - next topic

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Missing Data Concerns
Reply #15
I would like to point out that the manipulation comment was at 9 this AM when gold and silver were up. I feel that the manipulation has been in the holding down of gold on the 4th 5th and 6th , not the decline after.
I am so very grateful for everyone's input.
I have not been posting much, i have been working, and just havent been confident of direction lately. I feel this may have been due to the aforementioned manipulation.
I am holding all my miners, and do not plan on trading them today really had no effect on me.
I love hearing about your trades and strategies, keep them coming.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #16
Read this and understand all the markets are rigged to a point.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/censorship-trying-to-cover-up-the-truth/

If an honest person reads that article and lets it soak in, he would fear the future of this republic, not because it was not set up well by the constitution, but because the provisions are being corrupted to the core. If the judicial branch and press are in the pocket of the politicians we no longer have the checks on politicians originally intended as it was stated at the nation's birth, the republic required the rule of law not men and an informed moral citizenry to survive. We have limited quantity of both at the moment and as for an educated citizenry, that is further damaged by state control of education ensuring indoctrination takes priority over quality teaching. I hate what I am passing onto my kids and grandkids with respect to responsible government, but do not know what to more than writing missives like this and writing congressional representatives to do their job.

Something to ponder about students not reciting the pledge of allegiance in school, they do not get the constant reminder this is a republic and not a democracy, yet on the MSM the word democracy is constantly used.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #17
You and I are in agreement my friend. Its so sad. I hope to live to see the sob's hang.

Reply #18
This is a quick comment on strategy I have been employing. It is presented to potentially give others an opportunity to evaluate for their use. I have not been using protective straddles on the options because I feel quite confident in the PM market direction, but using straddles would make the strategy less risky, but at a high price.

When I wrote the GDXJ calls last Monday, I wrote 1/3 at $37.00 strike expiring today on shares purchased for $36.50 and 2/3's at $40.00 strike expiring April 21 on shares purchased for $39.82. With the recent Syrian events and today's lower than expected jobs headline number, GDXJ is likely to open with a serious gap up, and probably be filled in short order if it gets filled, as the trend for PM's seems up. I will write weekly $37.00 puts Monday. Using the calling of the 1/3 as a marker, the profit including option premium and 50 cent gain is 7.03% over the course of 3 weeks, not too shabby. Since the 2/3's was purchased at a higher price further back, I have not calculated the returns, but they are on the order of 3/4% per week for the option premium only since purchasing the shares Feb 6. All of the funds go to dollar cost averaging into PM stocks building the share count for the big bounce yet to come.

As of last Friday, GDXJ fell below my option strike price so I held the 1/3 position put to me for $36.50. This morning I sold covered calls expiring next Friday for net $0.58 or a little more than 1.5% for this 4 day week. I bought more BTG with the proceeds.

Reply #19
This is a quick comment on strategy I have been employing. It is presented to potentially give others an opportunity to evaluate for their use. I have not been using protective straddles on the options because I feel quite confident in the PM market direction, but using straddles would make the strategy less risky, but at a high price.

When I wrote the GDXJ calls last Monday, I wrote 1/3 at $37.00 strike expiring today on shares purchased for $36.50 and 2/3's at $40.00 strike expiring April 21 on shares purchased for $39.82. With the recent Syrian events and today's lower than expected jobs headline number, GDXJ is likely to open with a serious gap up, and probably be filled in short order if it gets filled, as the trend for PM's seems up. I will write weekly $37.00 puts Monday. Using the calling of the 1/3 as a marker, the profit including option premium and 50 cent gain is 7.03% over the course of 3 weeks, not too shabby. Since the 2/3's was purchased at a higher price further back, I have not calculated the returns, but they are on the order of 3/4% per week for the option premium only since purchasing the shares Feb 6. All of the funds go to dollar cost averaging into PM stocks building the share count for the big bounce yet to come.

As of last Friday, GDXJ fell below my option strike price so I held the 1/3 position put to me for $36.50. This morning I sold covered calls expiring next Friday for net $0.58 or a little more than 1.5% for this 4 day week. I bought more BTG with the proceeds.

To follow up on the strategy I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I will be away during trading hours next week, so this morning I rolled out my GDXJ $36.50 calls expiring today to $38.50 calls expiring April 28 for an 11 cent gain on the premium difference. The move protects my premium gains and limits me to a $2.00 gain over two weeks if called. The downside is a spread has not been entered so the downside is essentially the same as just holding the stock less the options premiums to date.