฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: the new slavery (and how to profit) (Read 465 times) previous topic - next topic

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: the new slavery (and how to profit)
Reply #15
One of the points of the thread was to spark conversation around the profit motive and what should be allowed; for instance this forums inception was for silver. Interesting we are willing to excavate the earth and motivate those to do as such with our dollars in the name of silver, gold, and copper, but if one is searching for ngas using fracking or coal capping mountains it is different.

Perhaps it is because there are alternatives to ngas, coal, etc. just as there are alternatives to private prisons. We choose those that do the least damage for the most reward I assume. Stem cell research? Seems as if it is not so much 'if we have an alternative' but an almost inert, religious morality.

As far as my pseudo-science astrology predictions and politics goes: some believe some don't. The truth is somewhere both out of reach and within sight.

Reply #16
Chartist, you bring up fracture treating. I have personally done the engineering design for hundreds of fracture treatments and if anyone desires, I would present a missive summarizing the physics and mechanics behind implementing a treatment. I have been away from the actual work for about 25 years, but the treatments are the same in the rock, however there have been some improvements in surface equipment, fluids and proppants that have occurred since my day.
One of the points of the thread was to spark conversation around the profit motive and what should be allowed; for instance this forums inception was for silver. Interesting we are willing to excavate the earth and motivate those to do as such with our dollars in the name of silver, gold, and copper, but if one is searching for ngas using fracking or coal capping mountains it is different.

Perhaps it is because there are alternatives to ngas, coal, etc. just as there are alternatives to private prisons. We choose those that do the least damage for the most reward I assume. Stem cell research? Seems as if it is not so much 'if we have an alternative' but an almost inert, religious morality.

As far as my pseudo-science astrology predictions and politics goes: some believe some don't. The truth is somewhere both out of reach and within sight.

Interesting chat, but we should stay with what Ed set the site up for. Silver, Gold and mining prospects IMO. I can't say I'm into astrological investing in anyway, but to each there own and it's your business. I would probably say that charting along with some personal board (numbers) insight and psychological (potential emotional impacts) inputs is about my limits. The personal beliefs I keep at home. I do always enjoy a good friendly debate. You can throw that missive my way Sandy. I have a scientific curiosity about things. I hope things will be better today than yesterday in my world. I'm flying the red zone right now. Gotta love it or not.

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
I would agree with you, but this is the misc section. The catch all 'free' etc area

Reply #18
Oh, I knew that would would hit a nerve with you Sandy.... laugh. If I was really in a situation where a vote was needed I would certainly get a lot more info regarding the process. There's plenty of info around. How much is slanted?????, there's lots of money to be made and that can have a great impact on truth and honesty. Only time is really going to tell us whether or not the technology is going to hold up as sound. Will they tell us if it doesn't? or does it get shoved off onto something else. Is the ozone layer diminishing due to man or is it natural or is it at all? There are lots of man-made processes that have come and gone leaving their scars. Coal, Oil, Mining in general, Nuclear, man-made carbon emissions (ozone again) etc. I don't believe playing with what we sit on is a good idea, especially in light of green technologies which seems to get squashed or stunted by fossil fuel technologies. Isn't it time for us to start moving forward? When it's really profitable for us to do so, then we will. Protecting there interests IMO. The one that really irked me was the Gulf of Mexico incident. Why in God's name would anyone ever conceive the idea of drilling outside the safety zone? How much damage resulted from that? This is not an attack on you or your expertise, but there is a line in everything that common sense say's you don't want to cross.

You did not rattle my cage, my offer was to shed light if you or anyone else wanted it. I no longer have a horse in the race, so I have no reason to be biased in what I would write. I do not know how much time is enough time to evaluate fracture treatment safety, but the process was patented in the late 1940's by Stanolind oil and gas, later to become Pan American Oil and Gas, then Amoco and finally BP. The first treatment was done in 1954 by the founder of Halliburton, Earl Halliburton.

I retired from the industry managing a drilling operation just like the Macondo well drilling operation and at the time thought the risks were ridiculous given the ability to respond to accidents. Difficulties drilling in deep water are many, but one that cannot be changed is the differences in over burden gradient with respect to salt water column (0.465psi/foot) and rock (about 1psi/foot).  Another oil exploration arena I believe is not worth the risk is in the offshore arctic. An oil spill under the ice would be a huge challenge to restore and stop the source. Again, I have first hand experience drilling exploration wells there, a couple using the Kulluk, the same rig Shell had run aground on the Aleutians about three years ago. Canada has many wells in the Beaufort Sea that if ever put on production would present the same risk.

Reply #19
"You did not rattle my cage, my offer was to shed light if you or anyone else wanted it.".... I didn't figure I would even though some people are highly sensitive about things. Very impressive education and life ventures. The point we are discussing here is how much risk do we as a people/companies take in pursuit of the gold ring? This is where I think big business goes wrong along with not going full circle in responsibility of what they do, often leaving behind serious scars for the populace to deal with. A part of the funds from profit should be required to clean up the aftermath IMO. I think a lot of choices come from the mind set "No pain, no gain", but is that a safe and responsible way to approach profit with so many people and wildlife at risk? I find it interesting that BP surfaces from the fracking line, also being responsible for the deep water drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. Arctic disaster?, yep I can see that. We've already seen some of that played out during the Exxon Valdez spill and as I recall I think there was another spill around in the arctic shortly after that.

Reply #20
A couple other thoughts: Some of the tar sand oil is produced via open pit mining. Of all the conventional environmental hazards associated with the mine, one should also consider the effects of the light end volatiles (methane, ethane, propane) evaporating into the atmosphere. Consider also that huge quantities of volatile hydrocarbons enter the atmosphere from swamp lands I remember one "out there" recovery idea was to put a huge tarp over a swamp area collecting the rising gas. There is a lot of swamp land on earth so a spec of a mine in comparison may not have much impact, but there is an impact however small.

The other thought has to do with the geographic location of the Macondo well spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the Exxon Valdez spill in south east Alaska, and that is temperature. For every 18 degrees Fahrenheit increase in temperature, the natural biological reaction recovery rate doubles. In the gulf, the deleterious effects were reported basically gone within a couple years where in the cold waters of Alaska the deleterious effects were very slow to recover naturally.

This is a good discussion, but unless specifically asked, I am done.

Reply #21
"This is a good discussion, but unless specifically asked, I am done"..... :))

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
up since i last posted...

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
heard DOJ instructed to increase mandatory minimums. we are back 2 printing blue bars after some consolidation; should see a wave up now? :( not happy about this tbh just monitoring

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
the correction yesterday affected this; the talk of impeachment is growing and may send this stock down!
time to buy puts?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #25

Reply #26
Here's an interesting article. Elastic money.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/banking-crisis/federal-reserve-elastic-money-ny-clearing-house-certificates/

"We need a central bank and elastic money is an excellent tool. However, I would issue it in a two-tier manner. The normal tier is money commonly used. The second is the elastic money, but this automatically should expire in 6 years. Therefore, it will be redeemed as was the case in 1873."

If you agree with the statement above then you tacitly agree that our currency should not be a store of value, which has been the case since the fed was created. Purchasing power of a 1913 dollar is less than 2 cents today, a very poor storage vehicle, in fact a roughly 4% compounded destruction of dollar denominated assets compounded annually. The Fed and government story line is we need 2% inflation, translated means we, the government and fed, need to steal 2% of your dollar  denominated assets every year. Yes steal, because one, the government never authorized the stealth take, and two, congress actually has mandated the fed to stable prices, something that is not enforceable because there is not a penalty or other  enforcement mechanism in the act creating the fed or any amending act that follow. Can you cite a law that applies to the common citizen that is without an enforcement mechanism? Thought so.

Bottom line, quantitative easing is stealing as the new fiat dollars have no wealth other than that stolen from existing holders of dollars. There is a time lag for the effects to balance out in the economy and that is what the fed money fixers hope will trick the public into falling for their misguided scheme. However by definition QE cannot work because it is the reinvestment of retained wealth the creates economic growth and printing new dollars is not printing new wealth, it is stealing wealth from other dollar holding investors.

There is a second hideous flaw in QE never mentioned in the media, main stream or alternative. That is QE has the effect of concentrating investment decision making. QE does so by stealing wealth from the many citizens and every citizen transferring it to the wealthy banking corporations and government agencies. Realizing this shines a huge bright light on a massive conflict of interest, that being the banking interests receiving the stolen wealth are the same bankers that own the federal reserve bank and make the unchecked, unlawful and inability to reverse decision to implement QE and ZIRP. Remember there is no enforcement mechanism in the laws applied to them.

I believe Armstrong fell off the turnip truck on this one, albeit, the history accurate.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #27
Back in 2007-2008 there was an idea that the Fed should payoff or part of everyones mortgage which would result in the banks being flush with cash. In my opinion that would have been doing something for the people. Without a mortgage payment a lot of money would be spending what they now have. Unfortunately that was a pipe dream as these people don't give a rats ass about anyone.  It is a master/slave relationship that we have with the politicians and bankers.

As to fiat currency, I see it as a note with the value of it being the confidence of those who have it. When that confidence goes south so goes the currency. Nixon made a big mess that can only grow worse with time.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #28
Found this at Drudge. Worth a read with the links. Crazy stuff.
Pink Tickets On 'QT' Days https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-15/pink-tickets-qt-days

Reply #29
Yep, boiled rope and lamp posts should be in short supply as the federal reserve is nothing more than duly adjudicated body for the purpose of theft, a paraphrased adaption of Howard Cosell's description of the NFL.