฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: the new slavery (and how to profit) (Read 410 times) previous topic - next topic

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
the new slavery (and how to profit)

sorry to be a downer but seeing the ICE raids increase and the president saying he is directing the justice department to increase punishment for police crimes makes me see a new mandatory minimum law coming.

this would make corporate prisons and 3 strike rule states drool.

I hate to do this but if anyone really needed to know how to make a buck I'm pretty sure this is a high probability trade

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: the new slavery (and how to profit)
Reply #1
weekly

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #2
No thanks.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3
I usually don't involve my personal moral opinion and investing.
Slavery was legal in the US until the Civil War.  A lot of money was made from the mistreatment of human beings. Just because it was legal in no way does it make it right, moral or in any way justified.
I wouldn't support these people and more than I would support a Nazi "Just doing their job" during the horrors in Germany.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I agree ed, I don't like trading oil or banking stocks either, just throwing this idea out there.

interesting it took of 3 days after the election results and hasn't stopped since.

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
found an OTC corporate prison? trading at like 1.70, I could see it go to 4.5
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SECCF/Y2lIcvXt-slavery-2-0-SECCF/

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #6
found an OTC corporate prison? trading at like 1.70, I could see it go to 4.5
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SECCF/Y2lIcvXt-slavery-2-0-SECCF/

Headline today at Yahoo: Serco Group Dives After Full-Year Revenues Slide

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
thanks for the heads up @ken i also didnt realize that this is for UK prisons... not very useful for the USA events I was mentioning.

back to $CXW though, I would say that if jeff sessions has 2 step down we could see a dip since he has had a track record of infringing on minority rights (coretta scott king's letter etc)

without someone at the top willing (and eager it seems) to infringe on those rights, who will keep pushing the demand for private prisons up?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #8
I hate private prisons. Its an industry that should not be. Think incentives and judges who are but mortal men.

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
jeffy boy said he might be cracking the whip on states with legal MJ; so I see a second wave up as possible

• CLARKBAR
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
The morality of an immoral fiat monetary system trumps the vast majority of social justice arguments in my humble opinion. I will leverage the guaranteed ride to sound money policy imposed by the discipline of gold.  My liberal friends continue to wring their hands over the constraints imposed by the judiciary of constitutionally applied law.  I see this as BEING SMALL POTATOES compared to what is ahead. While it is quite.. join your local militia and become a member of the NRA... seems more relevant than discussing social justice issues surrounding BLM and the primacy of the First Amendment.  But that's just me.  I'm long gold and things that tend to hurt when dropped on the foot.

• sn00p 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
@CLARKBAR ; 'compared to what is ahead'? not sure what you are implying besides the inevitable war and/or impeachment; I am long silver at the moment and short most index funds through CFD's including DJI JPN225 and FTSE100 until mercury retrograde ends at least. I am also wary of a flash crash in august in conjunction with the solar eclipse.

I'm not against NRA or guns; however, I am against moving bodies into cells for profit and lobbying for such things like mandatory minimums for nonviolent offenses.  This post was not about social justice but about profit and how politics can obviously play a role in the price movement of stocks and commodities (including why metals rise at the mention of russian collusion or dprk). The coming war (eta 2028 or sooner) will be a distraction from the fact that targeted and timed spread of misinformation influenced the election cycle and this was done to the detriment of the USA

This article shows that over 100,000 machines were taken control of and were able to produce massive spam, traffic, and pump and dump stock schemes. This kind of botnet traffic can influence 'trending' and popularity of articles.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-botnet-idUSKBN17C2B4
The article says that this arrest is not in connection with the election influence; however, this is an example of the kind of thing the FBI and every other national intelligence agency told us was happening during the election.

If anyone doubts that this kind of botnet affected the election they are kidding themselves, especially as most are not receiving their news from newspapers or verified sources but instead from twitter and facebook 'trends'.

Regardless of why Russia did it (if they were paid or organized by the trump team, or if they did it just to weaken the global image and power of the USA without collusion) it was obviously done as to the detriment the USA. Putin, an ex KGB agent, sees geopolitics as a zero sum game. Anything that benefits USA hurts Russia and vis versa.
How anyone can stand by DJT and not realize that this is what the enemies of the state want blows me away. Those defending him from prosecution and an independent investigation of his team are also enemies of the state in my opinion.

TL;DR
Im long xag and short indices until the mercury retrograde ends; A global war will come by 2028; impeachment or a resignation will come by end 2019 given no war is engaged in to distract from the investigation.

Reply #12
"This post was not about social justice but about profit and how politics can obviously play a role in the price movement of stocks and commodities (including why metals rise at the mention of russian collusion or dprk). "

A well presented point of view IMO. I agree that there are shady areas we as investors are exposed to and we all have those areas that we simply would say no too. Case in point... ask me where I stand on "Fracking", yea or nay? In a vote, I would vote against it. Simply, I don't believe fracturing the bedrock goes without harm to put it simply. Now, is withholding my little funds from those companies going to change anything? Nope, but there is a profit opportunity in what is being played out despite myself and others with a shared point of view. The ones I have come across that I don't like and ignore are gambling, marijuana and anything with stem cells. I tend to have a negative emotional sentiment regarding these three that instills that; I really don't care about any opportunities that arise.

We all have our own worlds and view points, right or wrong. That's our right and our choice, at least in this country. One thing I learned long ago is to listen to what others are saying, try and get a handle on a different perspective, but make your own choices. We are all responsible for that, not that I want to state the obvious. I myself as an added note, tend to pull back from the overwhelming viewpoints about everything being shoved in everybody's faces nowadays, therefore, I'm not to big on running here to get this slant and running there to get that slant. Enough is enough. Everybody wants to and needs to be Chieftain these days. I'd like to see everybody go back to being humble Indians again with a well organized and sincere leadership.... don't think that's going to happen, so that's my little rant. Facebook, Twitter and the like should all be "Nuked" IMO, I certainly haven't and don't enjoy that kind of online behavior pattern surfacing in the general public. (I'm glad that Ed has provided a much more civilized and better behaved environment than what you see Yahoo is providing. What a circus that is.)

At any rate Snoop, thanks for the chat room invite, it's just not my kind of thing. You have your world as we all do, busy or simple and if we connect, we connect. Beyond that we share the space Ed has provided. GL always.

Reply #13
Chartist, you bring up fracture treating. I have personally done the engineering design for hundreds of fracture treatments and if anyone desires, I would present a missive summarizing the physics and mechanics behind implementing a treatment. I have been away from the actual work for about 25 years, but the treatments are the same in the rock, however there have been some improvements in surface equipment, fluids and proppants that have occurred since my day.

Reply #14
Oh, I knew that would would hit a nerve with you Sandy.... laugh. If I was really in a situation where a vote was needed I would certainly get a lot more info regarding the process. There's plenty of info around. How much is slanted?????, there's lots of money to be made and that can have a great impact on truth and honesty. Only time is really going to tell us whether or not the technology is going to hold up as sound. Will they tell us if it doesn't? or does it get shoved off onto something else. Is the ozone layer diminishing due to man or is it natural or is it at all? There are lots of man-made processes that have come and gone leaving their scars. Coal, Oil, Mining in general, Nuclear, man-made carbon emissions (ozone again) etc. I don't believe playing with what we sit on is a good idea, especially in light of green technologies which seems to get squashed or stunted by fossil fuel technologies. Isn't it time for us to start moving forward? When it's really profitable for us to do so, then we will. Protecting there interests IMO. The one that really irked me was the Gulf of Mexico incident. Why in God's name would anyone ever conceive the idea of drilling outside the safety zone? How much damage resulted from that? This is not an attack on you or your expertise, but there is a line in everything that common sense say's you don't want to cross.