฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Absurd (Read 725 times) previous topic - next topic

Absurd
There is so much that is blatantly absurd in the news today some which requires just a little bit of analytical thinking, but to be sure we can be confident the news organizations will not connect the dots. Yesterday I saw a chart where deportations over the past few years ran about 425,000 annually according to government figures so that number is immediately suspect. Given it is correct, then on a daily basis 1160 are deported and if deportations only take place on workdays, then about 1700 are deported.

A big 'the world is falling' news story yesterday was Trump has rounded up 681 people for deportation like it was a huge increase without saying it was a huge increase of course. So we the news consuming US citizen should be outraged at the news when the number deported is less than half the average? Well, yes I say but for the exact opposite reason the MSM are trying to convey.

Absurd!

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Absurd
Reply #1
I could not agree more. I notice that I will chart a target and when it is hit the news acts all surprised and has an excuse why it happened.
I do not have cable, i do not go to yahoo and more and my facebook was blocked over 1 year ago when they found out my name is not "TheLorax"
They can have it.
I get my new from my family and TV gold chat room.
See "October is going to" post for my thoughts on CNBC and Crammer and their ties to manipulation.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #2
To continue the story, I fully understand the complications with family and other relationships with people and employers etc. that time in country create and get manifested with deportation, but that is in large part the fault of government via failing to promptly enforce our laws. I am sympathetic to the various hardship situations, thus I am for selectively enforcing the law based on circumstances. the selective nature is enabled under existing law via deportation hearings and appeal opportunity with tax payer funded prosecutor, judge, and if necessary a tax payer funded defense lawyer. How many other countries provide for the comprehensive review process to be sure the decisions are fully evaluated? Sure the process will not be perfect, but it is a superb attempt that the pro amnesty crowd should respect rather than abhor.

Lets take this 'injustice' to the next logical major problem facing the country, the financial situation. This expansion, if you can call it that, is approaching ten years in age, very long in historical perspective and certain to come unglued given the stimulus programs and failure to create real wealth to support increasing our living standard. There are many other indicators could be cited to support a coming economic downturn. The government cannot fund its safety net now, how will it during the future downturn when more are in need and fewer are supporting? Who is going to step forward to fund the deficit? How will the situation be made fair for those through no fault of their own are thrown into abject poverty? How is this different from the deportation situation? Both are nearly 100% the fault of government the first failure to enforce the law of the land and the second failure to mange responsibly the country's finances and encouraging welfare over self support and individual accountability.

Of course the answers are obvious to a rational thinker, but many have been trained to think irrationally. To a large extent government promises to the citizens will not be kept, let alone the 'promises' some believe are due the illegals, and of course the folks on the non receiving end of the stick are going to holler, demonstrate, and riot for their due, even though there are no resources to provide their due. It will not be fair, but there is not a thing that can be done about it, except over time correct the wrongs by enforcing the law, changing the law as necessary (eliminating promises to pay what cannot be paid), convert to managing the country's finances and safety net in a responsible manner, and for all citizens to take upon themselves responsibility and accountability on their own. It is not likely any of this will occur via the volition of our elected leaders, rather it will be forced on us.

More food for thought, when we are in the down state, does any rational thinker believe there are not organizations in the world that will want to take advantage? nation states? radical idealists? It is long past time for our country to quit lying about our invincibility and greatness and get its poop in a group!

Food for thought and end of rant.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
I could not agree more. I notice that I will chart a target and when it is hit the news acts all surprised and has an excuse why it happened.
I do not have cable, i do not go to yahoo and more and my facebook was blocked over 1 year ago when they found out my name is not "TheLorax"
They can have it.
I get my new from my family and TV gold chat room.
See "October is going to" post for my thoughts on CNBC and Crammer and their ties to manipulation.

Well I don't know who you are Ed, but what day are you going to be on Crammer?

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
That would be the same exact day that Hell freezes over.   8)
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
That would be the same exact day that Hell freezes over.   8)

Ha! Most of us have figured out Crammer is a pump and dumper IMHO.

• sn00p
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
the best gig of all time

Reply #7
Well it seems the chart will not post but the link might get you. there. It shows the growth of doctors and growth of health care administers over time. It is shocking and very absurd.

http://1heurf2kk9 1pad4b23w0jddl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Doctors-and-administrators.jpg

The content comes from "The market Ticker" written by Karl Denninger.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232038

Reply #8
Well it seems the chart will not post but the link might get you. there. It shows the growth of doctors and growth of health care administers over time. It is shocking and very absurd.

http://1heurf2kk9 1pad4b23w0jddl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Doctors-and-administrators.jpg

The content comes from "The market Ticker" written by Karl Denninger.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232038

here is the link to the graph again, do not know what happened to the above link to get the space inserted.

http://1heurf2kk91pad4b23w0jddl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Doctors-and-administrators.jpg

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #9
That is a picture of what happens when the government get involved in anything. If the USA gov. opened up a lemonade stand there would be 3000 pages of regulation and a 8 oz glass would cost you 25 dollars.

Reply #10
I had to make a quick trip to Houston and rented a compact car for about 7 hours/ the costs: rent for car, $22.00, fuel cost, $3.75, taxes on rental car $30.00. That's absurd!

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #11
I had to make a quick trip to Houston and rented a compact car for about 7 hours/ the costs: rent for car, $22.00, fuel cost, $3.75, taxes on rental car $30.00. That's absurd!

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12
Its the airport tax that gets ya!

Reply #13
And we will take our cut at a lowly 136.5%.....  :))

Reply #14
I just read an article at safehaven.com about Illinois pensions. Here is the key take away for me, Government union bosses and their supporters got pension obligations converted into a constitutional mandate in 1970. They made it so that certain benefits can only be adjusted in one direction - higher. Article XIII, Section 5 reads:

Membership in any pension or retirement system of the State, any unit of local government or school district, or any agency or instrumentality thereof, shall be an enforceable contractual relationship, the benefits of which shall not be diminished or impaired.

Adding that language was a neat trick, given the implicit mandate that the private taxpayers are permanently on the hook for these obligations - even as they enjoy no such guarantees in the face of their own impaired incomes and retirement benefits.

How this crisis gets resolved will be telling. Illinois is one of seven states where meeting pension obligations are constitutionally mandated regardless of the state's solvency, and many of those aren't in much better shape.

Here is a link to the full article: 

http://www.safehaven.com/article/44473/government-insolvency-gets-harder-to-ignore

I guess another fact getting harder to ignore is government animals are a little more equal than the supporting animals on the Animal Farm. Absurd!