฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: XAG; XAU; GDX (Read 699 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: XAG; XAU; GDX
Reply #15

Reply #16
I was looking at this simple chart and something I remember being mentioned in one of Sandybeach's (I believe) article post's talked about how silver needs to become the dominate force over gold to be considered a "Bull Market". Maybe a little ray of hope on a rainy day.

I know I am the only "technically - Stocker Chaser" here. I've touched on this before. I wait for enough momentum to build that in turn provides more solid trading ground and trades are generally swift. From like three days to five days and can be up to about three weeks (depends). I focus on charts only. Data and news when and where it applies. My point being that it is not my intention to instill FOMO or cause anyone to jump ship from their holdings. Ed's insight and website are provided for the long term investor, that's obvious. I try to provide charts along those long term lines with focus where something maybe today leading into the near future as I see it. I simply avoid time snares at all costs so I can keep moving instead of sitting and waiting. Ed is right though, many many times if I had just taken the ride I would have done much better in the end. Timing signals are something I am continually developing and I'm always watching for better indicators. After today I just thought a little more clarity of my trading was in order.

The events leading into today were simply to disturbing for me to personally risk. I am by no means rich. I have enough to trade for income and growth, but I'm not there yet. Working on that. Good luck all, hope it plays out well. My advice though is not to be "head-strong" and fall to far into an abyss should that happen.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #17
No one should be scared, or convinced to buy, sell, or hold.From anything anyone else says.
We have differing opinions, or views because the future is only a set of probabilities.
I will always be the first to admit I am often wrong.
What works for Chartist, or Nikko, may not work for me. And vice-versa.
These are all just opinions and we all have heard the saying about opinions.
Investing takes work, DD, or a working method. That can not be substituted with a post on a message board.
Trade safe, Trump's speech is today.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #18
What I picked up from a comparative review between Healthcare ETF's and XAG, XAU and GDX. Not much different. I still see a new beginning in metals and silver is likely to correct. The duration doesn't appear to be to long and will likely conclude around the middle of May based on its recent performance. It's looking like silver's low will be about 16.50 and gold's low around 1175.00 with the start of April.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #19
Your TP's are not unreasonable at all. The effect this would have on the miners would be dramatic.
This would be  typical behavior in the wash rinse repeat cycle of stripping PM investors of any accumulation of  wealth.
There is no way to chart IF another market participant will dump into the market, but you can chart where they would be able to take it if they do dump into the market again.
Trade Safe!

Reply #20
Coincidentally, I've seen a large spike form up on the GDX at 9:01 a.m. with price coming in at 21.40. Hopeful to see a follow through develop, none did. Still, it may be a supporting point to what is showing up on the chart. Little else to go on here.

Reply #21

Reply #22
So far, lows of GDX @ 21.37; XAU @ 1197.54; XAG @ 16.8260 are dead on preceding a solid upturn for precious metals. Even though that could go south by the end of the Fed meeting, it does suggest that investors don't see anything coming outside the norm. Mining could easily fire up again for a time from here should the bottoms hold. IMO.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #23
I agree, I can not get a good handle on what will come the rest of the week.
Unlike me typically, I am light on miners, a perfect time for them to start moving higher.

Reply #24
My outlook and expectations. There is one error in the comments where I say that I don't believe gold will head smack the 40 ma. There was a reason I believed that, but on review again I would say that comment is irrelevant. XAG, XAU and GDX are all likely to play off the 40 ma in some fashion.  Hope it helps with your outlooks and expectations in the near future.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
WOW I didn't expect that much of a rise. Gold up Silver Up Dow and S&P up. Even my Uranium stocks are up.
added to MUX and GPL both good choices so far. 30% cash. Still holding UEC.
GLTA ER

Reply #26
I just took a look at GDX and this is what I'm seeing. Checking today's performance I don't see that a solid pop would come tomorrow, so if the GDX and GDXJ should hold up, then I would look for Thursday or Friday. It looks to me that all of this is a setup, leading into what should be a good follow through as I see it for now. We are likely seeing some recovery profit taking or some level of uncertainty. Could be both. The chart suggests that the GDX is likely to pull back some before what should be a significant pop that should provide clearer direction IMO. Overall, the markets have been lagging in momentum as I track it since last week.

Reply #27
So far both XAU and XAG have solid bottoms in place as I see it, favoring a nice day(s) to follow. XAU has scaled back just enough at this time to set the conditions for a nice breakup in price with the XAG holding steady. All and all, things look good going into tomorrow and Friday. At the very least I expect XAU, XAG and the GDX's will try to surge forward. If this holds true, we should see that uptick in the 44 DMA for gold, as well as silver. We'll see and GL.

Reply #28
Nice spiking showing up leading into today's opening. Goody, goody.

• CLARKBAR
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #29
Chartist knows and so it seems does my buddy, Morris Hubbart .. who shows this same chart in sliver.  Goro and Endeavor Silver  http://www.321gold.com/editorials/sfs/hubbartt033117.html