฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Stong buy every miner (Read 1804 times) previous topic - next topic

Stong buy every miner
JMO
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: Stong buy every miner
Reply #1
CDE. 20MA crossing upward above the 50MA. Silver heading up. This should be interesting.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I'm not adding here, but I'm certainly not trimming either. Would love to here
a bearish argument.
ER

Reply #3
a bearish argument.
ER
I don't think there is a bearish argument Erich. The worst case scenario I can see for the immediate future is a possible short period pullback. Simple selling that may or may not occur. With 17 stocks from the basic materials sector currently dominating my momentum board I would say the sector is a definite go.

Reply #4
a bearish argument.
ER
if you really want to hear it click the tradeview link on the chart below and go to their gold chat room.
i don't think you have to sign up to watch.

Reply #5
you know I am not always bullish and try to see both sides.
My best bearish argument at this time is futures and options expiration at the end of this week.
Something like is is defiantly possible and even tradeable if you know how to short with you own indicators and stop losses and targets and timeframes. I can't, I missed the whole 5 yr bear hardly charted , had no stocks at all. and sat on Phys.
Seen some pretty nasty stuff back when i was perma bull. i know better now as you can see from what I started out as here on SS
And i wouldn't short silver under any circumstance but know a few who do it well. Kudos to them, I am trying to learn both sides.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Ed, shorting is the most difficult thing to do in trading as losses are unlimited, and that really builds fear if you are in a losing position.
I think the better way to play it in the miners and metals is take a view ( bull )...and trade some out from time to time.
I let go about 20% of my AG long position this am and wrote some covered calls a few days ago..Logic tells me we should correct from here.

Reply #7
Ed, shorting is the most difficult thing to do in trading as losses are unlimited, and that really builds fear if you are in a losing position.
I think the better way to play it in the miners and metals is take a view ( bull )...and trade some out from time to time.
I let go about 20% of my AG long position this am and wrote some covered calls a few days ago..Logic tells me we should correct from here.
I agree completely, i am only learning (still) not even thinking about shorting.
I agree, that a pull-back is logical.
We have to trade our plan.
My opinion  is that the upcoming rally will dwarf any pullback.
So I hold my positions, the cost of not being in on the real move is too great for me to try to play these bounces.
I'm not that good. I have to hold and catch the one or two weeks that they rocket.
I see a possible .50$ drop in silver vs a likely 3$ increase.
This translates into a 20% chance of a 20% drop and 80% chance of 80% gain. As i see it
I have to stick to the longer term view than you, I'm just not that good.
Look at NAK how does one catch something like that?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #8
Ed,
CDE is going to release earnings early Feb. for the 4th quarter. What is your opinion as to where this may go?

Reply #9
Ed,
CDE is going to release earnings early Feb. for the 4th quarter. What is your opinion as to where this may go?
I hate to say, I have no Idea how earnings will effect CDE or really any of the miners.
We do know Au and Ag prices were lower in Q4 than Q3,  someone else knows how this may effect earnings better than I do.
Generally speaking I would add 10% on a beat and -10% on a big miss. Real close to guidance and it won't effect PPS.
I must state that i was wrong above when I said options expiration was this week it was Friday the 20th from what I found. If this is wrong, someone please correct me. Futures expire Friday the 27th.
CDE is definitely looking much better for the spring.
My chart is a mess and old I will try to get a good update and post it in CDE.

Reply #10
Ed,
I hate to say, I have no Idea how earnings will effect CDE or really any of the miners.
We do know Au and Ag prices were lower in Q4 than Q3,  someone else knows how this may effect earnings better than I do.
Generally speaking I would add 10% on a beat and -10% on a big miss. Real close to guidance and it won't effect PPS.
I must state that i was wrong above when I said options expiration was this week it was Friday the 20th from what I found. If this is wrong, someone please correct me. Futures expire Friday the 27th.
CDE is definitely looking much better for the spring.
My chart is a mess and old I will try to get a good update and post it in CDE.

Next option expiry for CDE is Feb 17. You and I are on a similar mind on trading short term. I tend to take my short term profits via writing near term out of money covered calls or setting stops.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #11
Well my stop lost triggered today. I was going to sell yesterday at the top. My gut, I didn't listen to it. I think in the next 4 days or so silver and gold will be in the lower end will pull back quite a bit. Short term, day to day until March or April.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
I think we will be going higher in the next few days or week...I added some AG today at 8.93.
I think we have another 10% on this move up then a healthy correction perhaps.

Reply #13
you know I am not always bullish and try to see both sides.
My best bearish argument at this time is futures and options expiration at the end of this week.
Something like is is defiantly possible and even tradable if you know how to short with you own indicators and stop losses and targets and timeframes. I can't, I missed the whole 5 yr bear hardly charted , had no stocks at all. and sat on Phys.
Seen some pretty nasty stuff back when i was perma bull. i know better now as you can see from what I started out as here on SS
And i wouldn't short silver under any circumstance but know a few who do it well. Kudos to them, I am trying to learn both sides.

updated version

Reply #14