฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Silver H1 2017 (Read 1002 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Silver H1 2017
Reply #30
Seeing some slight building in HL, CDE, XAG, XAU & GDX leading into what should be a mini-dip. Things could come back around for the day's end.

Reply #31
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #32
  • Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:54:27 PM by edthelorax

Reply #33
I Drew that last chart knowing the price from my long term silver chart, and did not consider time. I usually am bad at time but the way I drew the one in the previous reply matches the time from my long term exactly April fools day.

Reply #34

Reply #35
so we both get $16.50 as the level to watch.
This goes with my ST vision of gold 1192ish for the "dip".

Reply #36
I get the feeling silver is going to follow the green area higher, but at a slow and steady pace that does not give a clear bottom signal.

silver  is respecting the trend very well
It tried to break out the topside but was brought back down to test the center line which for the time is the new channel. I believe to to be the "manipulation" people speak of.
My "get the feeling" stems from be belief there is a "they" that control the market and not just the guys in the DB lawsuit.
I just think, what in my  bag of tricks can I use to keep as many out as possible.
I am intimately familiar with their playbook.
That is the biggest reason I make my trades like I do.
I Buy good companies near the lows
I dot try to time the short term market perfectly,
because I am  buying and holding for the long term.
I talk a lot of shorter term because it is more fun to wait a day to see if you are right than 6 months.
My current long term view is STRONG BUY silver and miners,  even stronger on weakness .
This is how i would trade it.
FOMO is one thing, being out on a 20% day is another. be out a few of those and it Sucks!
FOMO is bad after a huge rise, and if you have FOMO near a bottom then what is there to think about?
Boring  is how I keep as many out as possible right now.

Just an opinion.

• Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:00:10 PM by edthelorax

Reply #37
I enjoy trying to hit the nail on the head, not that I always play it that way. Timing is important in my trading approach though. The better my timing and the more disciplined I can remain, the better the results.

Reply #38
Review and update.

Reply #39
I was looking at the same thing in gold.  Gold needs to break through 1221 in the next day or two, or a pullback seems likely.  The same funneling is apparent.

Reply #40
It seems to me that there are a lot of bulls waiting to charge. I frequent many other gold boards and have been doing so for 20 years.  so i'm not referring to you guys, I am just putting my thoughts down. 
I too was also obviously concerned about a violent pullback.
Today's PA only reinforces my opinion that that was the dip.
There is no interest in Pan Am?? they are such a good co. i wish i could buy April calls right now .
The charts are all screaming higher IMO
I have learned that I personally have to be in before the move.
When USAS goes up 15% in a day, some buyers will be afraid to buy because it is topped off.
After a couple of those days the new money will fold in, and it will pullback, how much IDK,  likely followed by a even more violent rebound and higher highs.
Look at NAK not because you should buy it but because the PA in NAK is how it things will be in all the miners.
Technically, where do you jump in? at what breakout, or which pullback would be safe to buy ?
Not an easy call. I got some, and didn't get another 1/2 position because it ran.
In retrospect we can see when the good times to buy were, we can use this to give us clues for when to buy in something we do like.
This type of news is the kind that could cause a big gap up and a solid run higher in miners.
Everyone has a different plan, different needs, You hear what I do because it is the truth. Not because I am trying to tell anyone what to do.
"For Entertainment Purposes Only"
Is Trump good for gold? Sure looks like it to me.  :))
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-23/usd-dumps-after-treasury-sec-nominee-mnuchin-warns-excessively-strong-dollar

Reply #41
I wish I had as good a feel for what is going to happen next as you do, Ed.  I am uncertain and am about 35% cash.  But I am also about 50% gold and silver miners.  I added a little USAS today at $3.38.  I have enough.  If we do get a pullback, I will have more.  If we don't, that is okay too. 

Reply #42
You also have different needs than I.  Risk tolerance is nothing to be afraid of. Mine is high I admit that freely.
If USAS opens at .50$ tomorrow I am not going to jump out my window. 20 feet is just enough to mess me up and not kill me LOL
Would it change my life? not really.
It would be foolish to put all your money in one stock. I did it twice. EXK 08 16
Would i recommend it to someone else? Yes, I have a friend that had like 300$ they could spare. EXK at 2.68
What else is there to do?
Are they happy with that ? yes Did I get them to buy usapf this year? a little.
Point being is we all have different needs, and sharing our different approaches is very important.  And does not mean one is better than another. 
thanks

Reply #43
On buying dips and when to get in, I have a lot of trouble picking bottoms, but I do seem lately to be able to get secular moves before the run. I was in a shale oil company HK and got out before the carnage applying the information I posted elsewhere. I knew PM's were going down in a secular manner about Christmas 2012, but much of the down draft had already occurred. Because I had held for so long, I continued to hold thinking the bottom was near in amplitude if not time, which was a wrong call. About Thanksgiving 2015, I started selling short term covered calls and puts for income to invest into PM stocks and that strategy has worked out very well for me. Yes, I bought some shares at a high price last summer, but overall my share count grows and the account balance does as well and I do not worry if I got in at a bottom. I also have some dividend payers with the dividends also going into PM stocks.

Reply #44
I get the feeling silver is going to follow the green area higher, but at a slow and steady pace that does not give a clear bottom signal.

silver  is respecting the trend very well
It tried to break out the topside but was brought back down to test the center line which for the time is the new channel. I believe to to be the "manipulation" people speak of.
My "get the feeling" stems from be belief there is a "they" that control the market and not just the guys in the DB lawsuit.
I just think, what in my  bag of tricks can I use to keep as many out as possible.
I am intimately familiar with their playbook.
That is the biggest reason I make my trades like I do.
I Buy good companies near the lows
I dot try to time the short term market perfectly,
because I am  buying and holding for the long term.
I talk a lot of shorter term because it is more fun to wait a day to see if you are right than 6 months.
My current long term view is STRONG BUY silver and miners,  even stronger on weakness .
This is how i would trade it.
FOMO is one thing, being out on a 20% day is another. be out a few of those and it Sucks!
FOMO is bad after a huge rise, and if you have FOMO near a bottom then what is there to think about?
Boring  is how I keep as many out as possible right now.

Just an opinion.

You mention manipulation in this post. Have a look at a one minute increment silver chart just before 4:00 this morning to see a 20 cent take down that did not last. This may be a sign that the paper market is losing its impotence.