฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Stock market game (Read 192 times) previous topic - next topic

Stock market game
"Fed officials' projections for the federal funds rate in 2017 increased, indicating three quarter-point raises for the year. Officials also forecast three rate hikes in both 2018 and 2019."

What I get out of all of this is the economy is improving and expected to continue improving. This stems from a euphoric point of view regarding Trump and his cabinet. Where and how the media plays out all that will come puts me on edge of uncertainty for the coming years. What I expect to happen is that the media will present a wonderful booming economy during the Trump years whether or not it is fact.  Last time I saw that scenario played out was during the Bill Clinton administration. What may happen is the euphoric state of mind could suddenly and disastrously come to an end. Since the Clinton years through Bush and Obama all I ever heard was how poorly things were going despite the continued advancement in the markets.

In my opinion the stock game is a dirty game full of manipulative tactics. The game to me isn't to beat big money at their game, but instead to get inline with big monies timing. Not an easy task at all.

Every now and then the authorities step in and hang some people and put the fear of God back into the picture, but it remains a crooked game and will always be with some applied pressure for moderation and control.

In the end though the media rules the roost and sways the market pretty much at will. Just a personal outlook, right or wrong.

Re: Stock market game
Reply #1
Interesting how the DOW is popping again, but on my stock scan I see nothing and in my watchlist I see nothing that says stocks are driving.Setting up for a new phase to start?Occasionally one might pop up, but nothing that says the market is in a healthy state. How was it said, nothing but Smoke and Mirrors? The way stocks have been playing out for some time now is from their bottoms to the potential point, then shot out of the air upon takeoff like it was done with GFI. It doesn't get any clearer than that. The best charting in the world only gets you a 50/50 chance. The final factor comes down to what the big boy's want and when they will go for it. IMO.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Gold is all about USD/YEN...draw the chart from 2015 and look what miners did when YEN rallied, and then when YEN crashed.
As an example look at Dec 15th 2016...that is the day gold bottomed and look at YEN/USD...
YEN is showing weakness in charts so for now gold is going lower with miners following. IMO those picking up shares here are taking an unnecessary risk. Once YEN turns, BUY without thinking.
I am flat of any trading positions at the moment.

• sn00p
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Gold is all about USD/YEN...draw the chart from 2015 and look what miners did when YEN rallied, and then when YEN crashed.
As an example look at Dec 15th 2016...that is the day gold bottomed and look at YEN/USD...
YEN is showing weakness in charts so for now gold is going lower with miners following. IMO those picking up shares here are taking an unnecessary risk. Once YEN turns, BUY without thinking.
very cool thought thanks

• sn00p
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

Reply #5

I think, if the chart below is what you mean with gold as a surrogate for gold stocks, you mean USDJPY ratio  rather than yen. The correlation is very tight with yen in the numerator so a strong yen is good for gold. This makes sense as the carry trade is to borrow yen to purchase gold priced in dollars. If yen get stronger, a trader makes money on the currency plus the metal.

Reply #6

I think, if the chart below is what you mean with gold as a surrogate for gold stocks, you mean USDJPY ratio  rather than yen. The correlation is very tight with yen in the numerator so a strong yen is good for gold. This makes sense as the carry trade is to borrow yen to purchase gold priced in dollars. If yen get stronger, a trader makes money on the currency plus the metal.

I think I switched the ratio, should have written JPYUSD as I charted, not USDJPY