฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Gold to Silver Ratio (Read 415 times) previous topic - next topic

Gold to Silver Ratio
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: Gold to Silver Ratio
Reply #1

Reply #2
Beautiful bear flag, on the verge of breaking down the MA's suggest a change in the multi year uptrend. A break of 68 will be the signal that other ppl start to recognize. It is close now, possibly days. notice the MA's on he weekly all meeting as if he longer term trend has changed to down.
Every post I make should be read as "could or may" even when I do not say it.

Reply #3
see my blue line a revised tp from bearflag. it hits the monthy MA's this is very important for timing the next top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a bottom marks a silver top it should take 6 weeks to drop which is April 1 AGAIN in a chart, my LT silver has silver at 1990 on April 1 this would coincide with a golden cross of the green 50WMA and the red 200WMA a very bearish sign for the GSR but often marking a ST reversal to test the 50WMA

on the daily you can see my ma's are in red yel. and green from the top down, this is a sell signal of my own. making.
it should be noted the closeness of them and the PA around them.
Lucky for you guys I don't get less than a daily without paying. Or else you would be flooded with 15m's for the next 6 weeks.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #4
You are pretty much saying the same thing as Martin Armstrong. His computer picked April 2nd as a day to watch.

Amazing talent you have. How many years did it take to master this?

Reply #5
I started charting in about 1998 spent about 40 hours a week for about 15 of those years on the markets and charting
Martin doesn't remember 2004 April 1 the same way i do i guess .
Thank You BTW

Reply #6
oh, I guess his computer wouldn't remember that, it wasn't around then.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7
oh, I guess his computer wouldn't remember that, it wasn't around then.

So what happened on that date? You have my attention...

Reply #8
A month or so ago while looking at the silver chart i drew, i realized that the high I had chosen without thinking about the date, matched that of  another chart I drew having the beginning of April.
That's when it hit me, i remembered having the worst April fools joke played on me ever. Explaining it in a fashion that does not reveal my conspiracy theory nut side too much is tough. I had to look because it had been so long, but I found the date i was looking for, It was April Fools Day 2004. I seem to recall a story on CNBC that day pumping gold but can't be sure.
I believe the "manipulators" have a sense of humor when it comes to taking our money. They think it is funny.
So Spring 2004 was just getting over the 2002 consolidation, making new highs and the gold bugs were gaining support and therefore the upper hand. I think the high was over a psychological level and there was euphoria in the metals and the stocks. this would fit with 1300 gold and 20$ silver now.
April 1 was the high put in right when things were finally looking up after years of waiting.
The Drop was very steep and severe.
The ensuing carnage in the stocks brought many down to levels not justified but the size of the drop in gold.
The summer was very hard to get through and very disheartening.
This was right before the real big rise.
I had to sell positions at BE after being up 50% to cover margins.
I swore then i wouldn't fall for that one again, forgetting about it until last month.
I call that day "April Gold Fool's Day"
The set up feels the same and at this point fits too well to ignore.
This does not mean I am basing my trades on this theory, the charts are picking it and not just mine.
I wrote that without looking at the chart, so if something is wrong above it is my memory but this will be more fun seeing it after the text instead of  before writing.
so i looked and the psych. # was 400 and the drop starting on April1 was 430 to 370 about 20%
this is a close up and far away view. imagine the first top you see as 1300 gold last year.
let's watch the price at the MA's and their posture.

Reply #9
oops posted that too soon. doesn't look like the MA's are similar now that i look

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #10
Ed,

Thanks for the story as to April. I can imagine having that sick feeling in my gut like someone died.

On your charts, MA days that correspond with the colors.. Can those be put on the chart? For instance I always use a green for 20 day MA's. Makes it a lot quicker to look and decipher.

Reply #11
Ken, When Mama made this site for me she said "Look, I added harts? do you like it"
I was floored, I was paying for stockcharts so I could chart and have them save for the next day.
When I signed up for tradeview, for free, there is a link on the chart below, I get multiple layouts so I can save several versions of the same chart, This is how I can post updates of a chart i drew weeks ago with all the same lines on it.
The MA's you see are Green 50 yellow 135 and red 200
The charts have an option, "indicators"  one of them is MA another EMA I like the 20EMA a lot but can only have 3 indicators at a time as a free user.
I am used to the 50 and 200 being blue and red.
I switched to green yel. red so it would look like a stoplight when they were in a buy posture. 50 on top then 135 and 200 on bottom.
I have noticed already that this does not give a good signal on the shorter TF's but seems to a fair indicator on the daily and weekly. I defiantly need more time to work with this.
I would be happy to teach anyone about using Tradeview charts, I an still not totally familiar with the software but am getting there.
The charting is free, and it saves all of your charts. The pay or PRO version would be nice,  maybe some day I will be able to afford it. For now I feel very thankful to have TV in my life. This site would be nothing without them.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12
I'll take you up on the offer Ed. I fooled with some of the free codes. I would like to learn the fibs and I certainly could improve on my trendlines also.

Reply #13
I have a room called charting and have put stuff there occasionally.
Without some direction it is quite hard for me.
Ask a question, i have direction.
There is some stuff started on trendlines and i made a post describing one use in SSRI today
I will start a FIB thread there soon.
Sounds like fun.
 :)

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #14
Gold silver ratio topping out?