฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: curious--whats next (Read 128 times) previous topic - next topic

• edmund 
  • [*][*][*]
curious--whats next
The divestiture of Bolivia the nature of Kensington underground and the short mine life at Wharf.Along with several re affirmations that Palmarejo profits will stay in Mexico.Palmarejo will be throwing off Coeurs lagest profits.With the looming attempt to reconfigure preciosa and it buildcost -the funds from Palmarejo if returned to states would have been double taxed.So those funds are earmarked for some Mexican purchase or build.
Silvertip although 35 million budgeted for upgrading and development  next year will drop in line with Wharf and Rochestor at 10million each.
Coeur is releasing a technical report on wharf with earnings which will spotlight its short mine--WHY IS THAT BEING RELEASED THEN
Is this being timed to another move -a buy or further commitment in Nevada to an existing strategic partner.Why spotlight a weakness at earnings-maybe they extended it with a recompilation of data.
A year from closing of sale to Argentum ,Coeur is due a minimum return of 28 million,plus VAT recovered.
These guys think ahead and i believe are looking at another mine build or renovation.
Almaden or Preciosa for Palmarejo profits
Northern Empire for permitting and infrasructure
Rockhaven for synergies with Silvertip and a low mill cost.
Then there always is a existing producer
Things are still cheap but if this breakout is the real thing not for long.
The tell is the releasing of Wharf technical report

Re: curious--whats next
Reply #1
A look at CDE. The stock does move violently around those trend lines. A gap chart. GL.

Reply #2
I would like to see CDE reduce even eliminate their presence in Mexico with the capital repatriation restrictions. One the surface, Northern Empire looks good to me for the quick return on investment with the Nevada Properties, but the potential company changing property with them is the large holding south of Fairbanks, Alaska. Rock Haven's Klaza and other potential around that area I believe have a lot of potential.

Located just north and east of HL's Casa Berardi and about 50 miles east of Detour Lake's large 20 plus year mine are several companies with documented exploration success, Balmoral (BALMF) being one. Another Canadian potential is Sabina (SGSVF) with a project they continue to de-risk and having a mine plan requiring $415 million to build out. Their kicker is a huge contiguous acreage position. Some of what I have mentioned would be open pit but a lot is UG that CDE has migrated to.

It will be interesting to see what develops and how it impacts the share price.

• edmund 
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
Those capital restrictions were self imposed as not to face a double taxas it avoids USA taxation It is being held for next mexican build ,purchase or exploration at palmarejo
.This was reaffirmed in several recent 10Q's-

Reply #4
Those capital restrictions were self imposed as not to face a double taxas it avoids USA taxation It is being held for next mexican build ,purchase or exploration at palmarejo
.This was reaffirmed in several recent 10Q's-

Does the new tax law with repatriation of dollars affect their decision? Stated another way, is CDE management reconsidering the self imposed restriction given the new tax law that you are aware of? I have heard nothing , but maybe it will be addressed in the earnings call. Maybe the new NAFTA talks will address the issue.

• edmund 
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #5
Those are good questions- i have not followed up on the multiple re affirmations on profits.This was prebvious to silvertip purchase and in the time frame of exploration infill for mine plan and a reconfiguation of Preciosa.So i would believe it was aimed at thatIt did not make sense tobe taxed in mexico and then taxed instates only to return the money back either for exploration,further development of Palmarejo or a build of Preciosa.
I plead ignorance to any new mexican taxation but have queried about VAT receivables and payment.
Iknow primer had a tax problem with their silver royalty to Silver Wheaton  -Wheaton was paying 4.00oz and Tax people wanted to tax Primero for full price
Maybe leaving funds made in Mexico and taxed to build in Mexico curried some form of favoritism.
WHY DO YOU THINK COEUR IS SPOTLIGHTING WHARF TECHNICAL REPORT AT EARNINGS-without a recalculation of ounces to up side this is a mine on its last legs-
PERSHING GOLD must be a screw up right in Rochestors backyard and Coeur has not bought it
Someone posted possibility or want of a merger with Rye Patch-wouldn't that be a bitch. I HATE RYE PATCH

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
Reply #6

Someone posted possibility or want of a merger with Rye Patch-wouldn't that be a bitch. I HATE RYE PATCH
That would be me, and yes, Rye Patch sucks, more so this last 2 weeks. Dumped it. Will buy back later.