฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: North Korea (Read 156 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*]
North Korea
I hedge fund manager just sent this to me: ( its potentially very important )

BCC   

Message body
Have you seen this?  At the Mauldin SIC conference in Florida, George Friedman said last night that the US will attack North Korea next week.  He just reiterated that prediction about 20 minutes ago, adding the likelihood of the attack is 70%.  There is a live blog from the conference with this info....Read from the bottom, these are all the relevant comments from Friedman re: Korea.  I have been reading most of Friedman's stuff over the last 5 years or so, and have never seen him be this direct before - normally he just talks the normal geopolitical type way - "Turkey to be the dominant rising power over the next 20 years" type of stuff, not "there is going to be an attack next week" type of stuff. 

I have not seen any media pick up on this yet.  

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/liveblog

4:42 PM EST
Friedman: "There's a 70% chance the US will attack... given my past experiences of war breaking out, this situation has all the same characteristics."
4:38 PM EST
Friedman says that something happened in late February that made the US start repositioning forces. He doesn't know what, but the movements are not random; they have a purpose and a plan. Friedman thinks an attack could be primarily air and missile based. North Korea has powerful counter-attack capabilities, so the US must act fast.
4:32 PM EST
George still stands by his North Korea attack prediction, comparing it to Gulf War I when the US made opening movements hoping Saddam would back down. Ian Bremmer disagrees. He thinks the likelihood of war is increasing, but is still not imminent. War odds would rise if Mattis or McMaster leave.
4:29 PM EST
The moderator opens the panel with the question, "Is war still imminent with North Korea?" which refers to George Friedman's keynote speech from yesterday.

5:23 PM EST
Friedman believes that "No action will be taken until President Trump returns to the country on the weekend." According to him, the timing of US action will depend on intelligence, which is imperfect and oftentimes unpredictable. And you have to act in spite of that--which could have catastrophic consequences.
5:22 PM EST
If the US strikes North Korea, North Korea will wreak havoc on Seoul, using this artillery.
5:19 PM EST
"Government has already telegraphed to Guam that there will be a war." Friedman notes that North Korea is not crazy or stupid. They are obsessed and ready for a war.
Nuclear weapon development sites in North Korea are mostly underground, which means they are not easy targets. They have a mass of artillery... a stunning mass of artillery that can mount attacks on 25 million people in Seoul.
5:15 PM EST
George's Geopolitical Futures team spotted several signals over the past few days suggesting that the US is preparing to move on North Korea. One such signal was that F16 fighters are doing daily exercises over South Korea--a similar move that happened just prior to Desert Storm.
5:13 PM EST
 "I'm going to start by telling you about the next week. It's become apparent that the US is preparing to attack  North Korea."

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: North Korea
Reply #1
With this market if North Korea nuked Japan, the Yen would go up.Make sense? I didn't think so. This is so not normal.

Reply #2
I would hope and pray that such a thing (war) will not come to pass. Thanks for passing it along Nikko.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #4
That is a remarkable article. We can only hope China will step up and control its rogue neighbor.

Reply #5
To me, this is another remarkable news story indicating the strength of the terrorist organization(s) yet getting only crickets on MSM. Hang on to your PM's

http://www.dcstatesman.com/isis-militants-storm-church-besiege-philippine-city/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=dcs&utm_campaign=n52517

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
I heard that the South Korean's have started buying bitcoins like crazy.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7
From ZeroHedge we read: "With markets about to close for the next 2 days, the question on every trader's mind is: "should i carry risk over the weekend, or should I dump it all in case North Korea fires another test, or non-test, ICBM launch which may be just the provocation Trump needs to give the green light to a squadron of B-1 bombers to begin a bombing campaign." After all, Trump himself tweeted this morning that "military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!

While we don't know if Kim will "find another path", late on Friday KBS World Radio, the official international broadcasting station of South Korea (which is owned by the Korean Broadcasting System), reports that according to Radio Free Asia (RFA), in a potential warning that Pyongyang may be preparing yet another imminent escalation, "North Korean authorities have dispatched emergency standby orders to the leaders of the ruling Workers' Party committees and civil defense units."
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-11/north-korea-issues-emergency-standby-orders-civil-defense-units-report

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Looks like strength into close. I would not be short gold over the weekend. Shorted a miner starting with A 3 times and made money twice broke even once. New positon in PAAS and GFI also bought back my shares in SSRM at a 10% increase. 33% cash.
GLATA ER

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #9
Well, Li'l Kim up and f***ed up again firing off his missiles. VIX, Yen Spike and gold, Yikes!

How long will this hold depends on Trump's response. Personally I wouldn't have a clue on how this should be handled.  Trump can have that job.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Yes it is a no win situation. You would think if Kim wants to remain in power he would lay low
for a while this BS is much more than saber rattling. Very dangerous times we are living in.
ER

• Nikko 
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
why do I have a feeling this is totally a false flag and not real...someone is looking for war as they know economically the US is on the verge of collapse.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12
why do I have a feeling this is totally a false flag and not real...someone is looking for war as they know economically the US is on the verge of collapse.
Could be to start a war. Wait until the patriots go through this and investigate. There are a lot of people with connections that can put puzzles together. Personally I think Li'l Kim is in showdown mode, pushing the USA and exposing the cracks. He will be successful IMHO.

If there is a purpose under the sun I think Trump will land up being a recovery president. He will be blamed for Obama's mistakes (or sabotage). See chart.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #13
Well in a private gold blog, Martin Armstrong stated that he thought this war business was entirely possible. Read this:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-30/martin-armstrong-warns-war-september-we-must-be-guard

Then again, if we can make buddies with Li'l Kim, maybe we could get some inside information?
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/war/kim-jung-un-watches-markets-during-his-launches/

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]