฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Recent Posts

I should have referenced the chart as Ken's
This has to be the bottom in gold or 1203 approx. is the next stop. Silver chart below

Here is another look at the silver chart presented by Chartist but on a semi-log plot and going back a little further:

If one were to honor the earlier data for the trend line silver would be little further below. The next chart focuses on the latter portion of the same curve:

Bull orientation for the 50, 100,and 200 day MA's would be ordered like a traffic light, but they are reversed. The 50 day is below the trending support line and 100 day is not far from crossing it as well. Since the dollar or more drop has taken about 5 weeks, this does not have the feel of a manipulation raiding stops, rather it may be the capitulation we have been awaiting. Timing is good for a capitulation move as the next few months are typically positive for PM's.

I am not posting the charts for space consideration, but nearly all individual PM stock curves have trend line curves that are pinching suggesting some sort of resolution to the mundane market we have experienced the last several months. All this to say I think we may be getting close to the long awaited secular PM bull market.
Silver - General Discussion / Re: Silver breaking out.
Last post by ken -
This has to be the bottom in gold or 1203 approx. is the next stop. Silver chart below
Last post by Chart_ist -
That's about enough of this down crap.

One could also say breaking down as well as breaking out. Have a look at Gold; it is flirting with a triple bottom, well past the death cross and MACD is not supportive for a turn up. If the triple bottom support breaks, I believe the next horizontal support is about $25 lower.

Something the board may find of interest and to watch for. If gold should break up and that's a big IF, it looks to me that the uptrend would be far more shaky than if an uptrend started with clear and clean MACD lines. An uptrend still could occur and has done so before. Not often though. Good luck with it.

Last post by sandybeachdave -

One could also say breaking down as well as breaking out. Have a look at Gold; it is flirting with a triple bottom, well past the death cross and MACD is not supportive for a turn up. If the triple bottom support breaks, I believe the next horizontal support is about $25 lower.

Last post by edthelorax -
Gold / Re: Gold 2018
Last post by Chart_ist -
A look at gold at this time. GL.
CDE - Coeur Mining, Inc / Q2 production
Last post by andre171 -
PM Mining Stocks / Re: EGO - Eldorado Gold Corp.
I sold all my EGO holdings a couple years ago because I did not like the mine performance nor did I like the excessive exposure to Turkey, but I had another look at the stock over the weekend. It looks like it might have bottomed at about 80 cents from a high over $20 in mid 2011. The price book metric is a ridiculous 0.23 and they have done a lot of company restructuring wrt management, BOD, development plans, country risk, exploration, balance sheet and capital deployment. There is more to do but the direction has definitely taken a turn for the better. The first chart shows the 50 day MA has turned up and crossed the 100 day, but the longer MA's have quite a bit of repair required to get into bull orientation. Also note there is a large unfilled gap around $2.00.

The next chart has the same features over a longer period. Notice the descending support line has been tagged three or four times over the past 5 years. The departure this time may have legs due to the restructuring mentioned above. It also shows there is a lot more upside potential than downside risk.

The last chart shows improvement in RSI, MACD, and Stochastic charts. RSI and Stochastic charts are bullish, but the MACD certainly is not yet presenting a bull case. I am going to keep an eye on EGO, but not taking a position just yet.

PM Mining Stocks / Northern Empire (PSPGF)
PSPGF seems to have made a significant technical breakout. Notice the BB width curve is showing the bands were as tight as they ever have been mid June after a 4 week base building period. Following that the stock price dove dragging RSI (not shown) below 30 where share price turn sharply up. The 40 day MA is a good indicator of short term turns as it has not given any recent false signals, and share price has bullishly crossed above it. Looking at 90 cents as a horizontal support resistance line, suggests that the turn down was a short lived failed moved below support. CDE is supportive of the company and the company fundamentals are strong.  I hold a position at a cost of 89 cents.