฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24
Skip to main content
Topic: New Gold NGD (Read 5931 times) previous topic - next topic

New Gold NGD

For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: New Gold NGD

Reply #1
NGD down 20% today.  Looks like gold production was in line and copper production was more than expected.  Rainy River delayed 3 months.  Is that the reason for the big hit?  Am I missing something.  Looks like both green support lines on Ed's chart have been breached.  Rainy River is to commence production Sep. 2017 now as per guidance.  Look good to average down to you guys?

Reply #2
NGD down 20% today.  Looks like gold production was in line and copper production was more than expected.  Rainy River delayed 3 months.  Is that the reason for the big hit?  Am I missing something.  Looks like both green support lines on Ed's chart have been breached.  Rainy River is to commence production Sep. 2017 now as per guidance.  Look good to average down to you guys?
That looks way oversold to me. I will put this on my watch list and see what happens when it returns to normal volume.  Thanks ER

Reply #3

Reply #4
I could resist and bought at 3.20 1/2 position

Reply #5
Me too.  I was in at 4.77 and averaged down with a little at 3.20 as well.

Reply #6
It is an over-simplification but NGD needs to get above these lines at $3.20 to advance ST
The green is basically the one from the chart above.

Reply #7
They need to raise more money to complete Rainy River.  About $100 million short based on todays gold prices.  May need to sell another stream or sell debt or dilution??  Higher gold prices will help resolve this matter.

Reply #8
They need to raise more money to complete Rainy River.  About $100 million short based on todays gold prices.  May need to sell another stream or sell debt or dilution??  Higher gold prices will help resolve this matter.

The question is, how high will gold have to go to see this stock turn upward? If they dilute this issue goes south.

Reply #9

The question is, how high will gold have to go to see this stock turn upward? If they dilute this issue goes south.

It's looking to me that higher gold prices are coming, but right now it's a bull and bear fight with no clearly defined side. NGD is approaching it's buy-back phase. We'll see what kind of recovery it may yield.

Reply #10
With two track lines that I observed for NGD the buyback was a slow turn and hasn't done much at this time.

1st Track:  Noted weakness in its early stage, holding the line in the midsection and leading into weakness again.

2nd Track: (more important): Steady along the track, but concluding with weakness.

Not much interest at this time, turning down for another phase.

Looks like a rough ride. GL.

Reply #11
Another reason not to put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to mining stocks, or any stock for that matter.
It has been a long time since I have seen a 25% haircut in one day. One of my buying  rules is to wait until normal volume returns
before entering. I have broken it many times and it usually  costs me money.
GLTA ER

Reply #12
The end of day track for NGD has been much better with a steady track performance in this phase, however, where spikes should form, the value has remained steady, crossing the track line. With this there is interest, but no change for NGD. I am seeing some latent spike development concluding this writing.

Reply #13

I hold a position in this company as well as recently bought LEAPs thinking Rainy River was coming online, on budget and on time. What a miss and yet in hindsight, it was discernable with 2017 production guidance a couple weeks back missing 3 months production at Rainy River. It might have been detectable with TA as the price action has been weak all last week, but I sure did not pick up on it. It will be sad if they have to dilute as the share price has really been hurt. Because they have a relatively large financing requirement yet to implement, there will likely be another hit to the stock. I am going to hold a little dry powder till then.

Reply #14
Another stock with similar down action as NGD is DRGDF which is due to report earnings this afternoon. Maybe it will have sour information also. I hold a small position that I add to now and again.