฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24
Skip to main content
Topic: BITCOIN (Read 194 times) previous topic - next topic

BITCOIN

What can I say? BTC at over 50k is a reality like it or not. Could it drop 50% ? yes very easily. Could it rise 50%? yes very easily.
The trend is up for now for sure. Holding 2250 ARBKF from $1.30. and yes I wish I had more. Check out MARA and RIOT both of which I though were crazy high @ $10 not long ago.
GLTA ER.  .

Re: BITCOIN

Reply #1
Don't remember, but somewhere on tv I saw an extended session on private currencies, their identification for bitcoin and the like. Subtle, but it is an upgrade to be calling it a currency and not just a store of value or an electronic tulip.  They were honest about the challenges wrt using it as a currency for any and all purchases, but like anything new it has to start small. After the run up, calling it a store of value might be a larger stretch than identifying it as a currency. They also discussed the huge electrical energy consumption being used by miners. With the flaws exposed in the grid system resulting from dependence on wind and solar during the widespread cold spell, that might become an additional hurdle for widespread acceptance. I am not disappointed having no investment, I but am not getting in now. It has run too far to quickly and I do not understand it well enough. Given that, for me it would not be investing, rather gambling,

Reply #2
Hi Dave
I'm not recommending  or promoting BTC in any way and I never have. Store of value currency or tulips there are good arguments for all. Asset of the decade is just plain fact. Is it a gamble? yes, but i'm a gambler . BTC traded at $1 ten years ago.

GLTA ER

Reply #3
Hi Dave
I'm not recommending  or promoting BTC in any way and I never have. Store of value currency or tulips there are good arguments for all. Asset of the decade is just plain fact. Is it a gamble? yes, but i'm a gambler . BTC traded at $1 ten years ago.

GLTA ER
Howdy Erich, I was just trying to pass on the fact that Bitcoin etc. were getting some honest and positive press that was more than a sound bite. No question it has been a stellar performer and I am happy for everyone who has enjoyed the ride. I ended with a comment that I did not enjoy the ride and have no intention to enter now for the reasons given. Since the post, Fox Business has presented a segment on alternate currency, also quite positive but not near the detail of the piece aired somewhere else. I hope you make money hand over fist with your holdings.

Reply #4
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #5
For Entertainment Purposes Only.