Skip to main content
Topic: Aftermath Silver (Read 451 times) previous topic - next topic

Aftermath Silver

This might be explosive as in addition to properties in Chole and Argentina, they just bought a large copper silver project in Peru for a song. Sprott has a a very large position via his charity and other ownerships. Moriarty has an article:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty072920.html

Aftermath Silver:  AAGFF  -  AAG.V

Re: Aftermath Silver

Reply #1
Aftermath is another silver explorer on Ed's posted spread sheet that I have a small position. In the post above, there is a link to information where they have added some 126 million ounces of silver in Peru bought from SSRI for less than 9 cents an ounce with  700 million ounce of copper as a free kicker. Something about the deal does not pass the smell test as SSRI management is not stupid and this looks like a stupid sale by them. Sprott is not stupid either and he holds a very large Aftermath position. None the less, Aftermath has enough resources to be of interest for a mid tier producer with need to expand mine life.

Shares are down a little today, but the price is higher than the recent August peak, so something is going their way.

Reply #2
The post above has some information on this outfit, but the chart is amazing over the last five months. Since early October nearly all PM stocks have had a meaningful correction. While Aftermath had a small drop, they are trading well above the typical August Peak. I am biased holding a position, DYODD.

Reply #3
I am just as amazed at the decline in this issue as I was the rise last December. They have huge copper and silver potential in Peru. I do have concerns that they are not doing enough to de-risk the asset, but then it may have more to do with shortage of new releases. I added to my position yesterday and again this morning.

The regression trend is drawn from the date of my last post. Moving averages have painted a death cross and MACD looks terrible. It might be the right time to catch a bottom or falling knife.

Reply #4
I think you are right about this one. Now would be a good time to cost average.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #5

Reply #6

Reply #9
More influence by the government of Peru on mining can be expected as rural liberal school teacher Pedro Castillo is leading by a very narrow but widening margin as vote counting progresses after Sunday's election. This might be the reason for the drag on Aftermath. About a penny gap opened overnight.

Governments everywhere have too much power and influence; same for central banks.

Reply #10
Remember the days when they talked about running under a balanced budget? 
Technically, it looks like it is re-testing the break-out. Below .42 would not be good.

Reply #11
To say this explorer has been a disappointment would be an understatement, but today share price has climbed above 50 DMA and recent down trending trading channel. MACD is improving but longer term MA's are bear oriented. It is an in the ground copper and silver play with huge potential. Maybe that gets reflected in share price this fall and winter. I nibbled a little recently in the low 30 cent range.

Reply #12
I have a good feeling about this one.