฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24
Skip to main content
Topic: Long Term copper (Read 1248 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Long Term copper

Reply #15
Breaking out to new 9 year highs
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #16
copper front month futures has tagged $4.00

Reply #17

Reply #18
copper might be a little ahead of itself looking at the regression trace from March lows and MACD

Reply #19
Back in the channel again

Reply #20
copper within about 20 cents of its all time high. chart looks very bullish at this juncture.

Reply #21
Extremely bullish Dave

Reply #22
New ATH

Reply #23
Copper to a kick in the groin overnight, is the doctor diagnosing a problem?

Reply #25
Maybe copper is going to make another move up, MACD has crossed bullish, MA's remain bull oriented, copper is challenging the upper boundary of a 2 month down channel while at the same time crawling into the longer term up channel, volume could be a little stronger. I hate to be positive as that seems to be a jinx.

Reply #28
I spent a little time looking at First Quantum this morning and overall, have a favorable opinion of the stock and company. Last year the cost to produce was around $1.5 per pound and sold for just under $3. so they are mining for a profit. However, the company is not making any money primarily because they are investing heavily in new mines.
Superb quarterly results it seems to me, what do you think?
First Quantum Minerals Reports Second Quarter 2021 Results

Reply #29
I spent a little time looking at First Quantum this morning and overall, have a favorable opinion of the stock and company. Last year the cost to produce was around $1.5 per pound and sold for just under $3. so they are mining for a profit. However, the company is not making any money primarily because they are investing heavily in new mines.
Superb quarterly results it seems to me, what do you think?
First Quantum Minerals Reports Second Quarter 221 Results
Report is a very good IMO and the company is leveraged well to rising copper and gold prices and also to copper hedges being worked off. Hopefully the two primary host countries, Zambia and Panama, remain satisfied with their cut of the operation and do not get greedy as company situation continues to improve. Debt is on the high side but company is addressing it.

Chart looks like it could be a sweet time for entry with MACD at lows not seen since the Wuhan Flu crash and starting to improve with authority. 50 and 200 day MA's look good. the only hick up is the share price dropping below the channel formed over the last 5 quarters, but it looks to be posed to re-enter it soon. Positive looking chart is complimented by fundamentals of world moving more toward dependence on electric energy requiring more copper rather than fossil fuels.

I envision a position in this company soon. Thanks for bringing this company to the forefront.