฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Trading view notes (Read 273 times) previous topic - next topic

Trading view notes
Always reply (not quick) before drawing a chart. If you forget and click reply with a chart drawn, it gets erased.
Try opening 2 tabs one for charting, one for your replies.
Click the lightbulb to get rid of the dots on the chart.
I USE LOG SCALE log scale log scale log scale toggle at the bottom right.
Trying green line= resistance red=support blue=target
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: Trading view notes
Reply #1
My charting is mostly lifted from other's work or drawn with paper and pencil, I guess that makes me computer challenged. I did want to point out to the community that DRDGF that I mentioned a while ago has successfully survived a challenge of the lower trend line on a long term chart. The company commenced gold production December 2013 with the stock trading around $3.25. An eye ball trend line I drew through the lows about a year ago commencing from the production start date extends roughly to $11.75 at the end of this year with the last trade at $13.61.
MACD curves are up sloping and the histogram is positive. There was a 50 day - 200 day bear crossing of moving averages that has not reversed. 10 and 20 day MA's are up sloping with 50 day and longer down trending. BB's are pinched and starting to open with the recent price bounce. I am in this stock for $17.87 and plan to average down with a purchase tomorrow.
The company produces about a half million ( with 25 year projected mine life gives the company some durability) plus ounces of gold from a huge land position (great exploration potential) in northern Canada . Grade is low and therefore costs are just below current gold price making the stock price volatile. When there is more institutional interest (it is near zero now) along with a product price bump, this stock could out perform.
Happy New Year everyone, may it be prosperous for you!

Reply #2
Is DRDGF the right ticker?
If you would like, i can walk you through using the charting software after hours some day.

Reply #3
Is DRDGF the right ticker?
If you would like, i can walk you through using the charting software after hours some day.

Sorry, DRGDF, Detour Lake Gold

Reply #4
I see this as a breakout and strong buy from the chart.

Reply #5
Thanks for the Chart and interpretation Ed

Reply #6

Here is link to a PnF chart for gold: http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?$gold
and here is one for silver:  http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?$silver

The PnF charts are at the bottom of their respective chart series. I chose this arduous format for reference because the bottom bar shows the volume during the painting of the columns.  Notice for gold, a bottom was made and the down column was painted with high volume suggesting a lot of shake out in gold futures trading. There has been about 40% price recovery but has taken more the half the down column volume to accomplish. This might indicate we have another down column to paint before the big move up. For silver, the long pole down is still in tact suggesting that gold is leading silver in the recovery at this point, and if silver follows, we could be in for a good short term pop. I would appreciate comment on my thoughts and there certainly must be more interpretation to be made of this data, but it does not come to my mind at this point. Here is to wishing everyone a profitable trading week.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7
I don't have a clue. I was looking at this yesterday. I just don't know. Then throw in what Trump might say, that might give us an edge. Maybe.

Reply #8
Is there a way to plot a ratio on TV? I wanted to have a look at gold divided by general stock market over long and short term as it seems like this might show what could be expected by referencing where we are historically.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #9
Is there a way to plot a ratio on TV? I wanted to have a look at gold divided by general stock market over long and short term as it seems like this might show what could be expected by referencing where we are historically.
Not a clue how to do that...

Reply #10
Using the free TV, all we can get is the daily weekly, and monthly.
Here is XAUUSD/SPX

Reply #11
I have noticed that the left side tool bar does not show up on the charts, is that the result of some toggle I made without knowing? Can they tool bar be recovered? If signed into TV the tool bar shows up, but I like the clean simplicity of the charting using this forum.

Thanks in advance for assistance

Reply #12
I have noticed that the left side tool bar does not show up on the charts, is that the result of some toggle I made without knowing? Can they tool bar be recovered? If signed into TV the tool bar shows up, but I like the clean simplicity of the charting using this forum.

This evening tool bars have reappeared as before. I did not do anything to drop them or get them to return that I know of, but I am good at fat fingering the keyboard.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #13

This evening tool bars have reappeared as before. I did not do anything to drop them or get them to return that I know of, but I am good at fat fingering the keyboard.
I also was affected. It something on ttv's end.