฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Recent Posts

CDE - Coeur Mining, Inc / Re: expansions complete -targets met
Last post by sandybeachdave -
I am aware of CDE's interest in Rockhaven's Klaza  project and believe the project and/or area have the potential to become a major mining center. A very small company has also taken note favorably of Klaza, that being Strategic Metals (SMTS). SMTS has about 2/3rds of its value tied up in cash, and rounding out its book value is its holdings in Rockhaven at about 46%. Klaza has the potential to move the needle at SMTS much more than CDE. As a kicker, SMTS is a small FFMGF look alike with holdings in a lot of potential exploration land and a small fund of very small exploration companies. I bought a small position in SMTS mostly because I saw a lot more upside than downside, particularly if Klaza becomes a profitable mine. The large cash position dampens the volatility, and it makes things interesting as no one knows how it will be deployed.
CryptoCurrency / Fun reading for market closed Monday
Last post by Erich -
This is from a website called BITCOIN OBITUARY fun reading
https://99bitcoins.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-bitcoin/
Last post by edmund -
Sorry about confusion ,it was really late in England when i posted this.
I guess the point  was very big 4th quarter  for reasons beyond earnings-
completion of expansions and there effects going forward
the excellent exploration results
the grades and recoveries
the divestiture of San Bartolome
Acquisition of Silvertip
 Coeur has twice re affirmed keeping Palmarejo profits in Mexico to avoid double taxation probably the profits were earmarked for  Preciosa or a possible acquisition of Almaden that Coeur recently took a position in-a good silver/gold project which is  well advanced and might be built ahead of Preciosa
Unless you had looked on a map you would not be aware of a parcell of land adjacent and in a sense surrounded by combined package of Palmarejo and Paramount.This parcel has been explored a few years ago by Fresnillo and the new Nacion Dana vein spills onto this property much like indepencia did with Paramount before takeover..Coeur has a confidentiality agreement after viewing Fresnillo results.This is a leap, a maybe for using some profits that will be building up to purchase this land.
The release in a presentation of a technical report on Wharf at earnings just seemed odd timing  and insignificant to high lite

So divestiture of Bolivian mine and the acquisition of Silvertip leave grey areas and timing of Silvertip production
As to your preference, Coeur has a position in Rockhaven right across border in Yukon-this is advanced and Coeur paid for recent drilling with the program planned by Kensington team-this project would have synergies with Silvertip
 Rockhavens Klaza deposit is the largest high grade deposit found in Yukon.
Some of the cost s incurred by Rochestor in 3rd quarter led to the large increase in gold production also  both rochestor and Wharf are using NOL's
There were some critical of Coeurs sale of Joaquin deposit so i reported on a CEO of a major fund bringing up his worst experiences were in Argentina-and that complete withdrawal of South America would lower G&A and any infrastructure costs including reclamation,legal and management costs.
Thank you for your chart work as fundamentals are great but it is algos and charts that bring in the investors.
I did not get all the commentary in the last post, here is another kick at the cat.

Thanks for the informative CDE update Edmund, I for one appreciate you posting results of your studies on this forum. Seems a big take away is the strategy to move operations to safer jurisdictions. When I first bought CDE, the South American exposure was a minus in my mind. I would like to see management take a look at more acquisitions before price gets out of hand and I would like them to consider more exposure near the current BC property or elsewhere in Canada.
On the charts, there are two gaps remaining to be filled since the market turned in January 2016, that being September 9, 2016 and February 9, 2017. The gap formed October 26 has been filled with the run up last week, a very good sign, but that does not preclude share price movement back int or even below the gap on a correction. While volume changes have not been of major amplitude, increases since the August 2016 peak have been on declines in share price until the slight increase this last bump up, a moderate sign investor evaluation may be turning positive, I would liked to have seen more conviction with a stronger volume bump.
Moving averages are starting to look a little better in that major curves of fifty day and less are trending up. Last Friday share price actually exceeded the 200 day, but not to get all giddy, this happened a year ago and again last fall only to fail on disappointing news releases. A good end of year earnings report with positive forward looking statements should provide a foundation for this up turn. A disappointing report and the share price would go back to a 7 handle, but probably not below the base established around $7.50 before the good production and exploration report coupled with the SA exit announcement. A quick additional MA comment, that being the 20 day has crossed above the 50 day, but there is a lot of ground to cover to get all three averages in bull synchronization.

Recent trading has printed share price well above the upper BB and the volatility has increased band spread but not to extremes. MACD looks very good with a positive histogram and curve traces well below recent maximums. RSI is nearing overbought with a daily value at 69. It is a little too early to tell for sure, but I see the curve paint around September 1, 2017 as the best comparative with the paint around  October 3, 2017 being a potential comparative if we get a strong down trade over the next day or two. The combination of these suggests we could see a leveling of share price over the very near term and then continued upward bias. These are my thoughts in a nut shell; well maybe a bucket.

exposure near the current BC property or elsewhere in Canada.
On the charts, there are two gaps remaining to be filled since the market turned in January 2016, that being September 9, 2016 and February 9, 2017. The gap formed October 26 has been filled with the run up last week, a very good sign, but that does not preclude share price movement back int or even below the gap on a correction. While volume changes have not been of major amplitude, increases since the August 2016 peak have been on declines in share price until the slight increase this last bump up, a moderate sign investor evaluation may be turning positive, I would liked to have seen more conviction with a stronger volume bump.
Moving averages are starting to look a little better in that major curves of fifty day and less are trending up. Last Friday share price actually exceeded the 200 day, but not to get all giddy, this happened a year ago and again last fall only to fail on disappointing news releases. A good end of year earnings report with positive forward looking statements should provide a foundation for this up turn. A disappointing report and the share price would go back to a 7 handle, but probably not below the base established around $7.50 before the good production and exploration report coupled with the SA exit announcement. A quick additional MA comment, that being the 20 day has crossed above the 50 day, but there is a lot of ground to cover to get all three averages in bull synchronization.

Recent trading has printed share price well above the upper BB and the volatility has increased band spread but not to extremes. MACD looks very good with a positive histogram and curve traces well below recent maximums. RSI is nearing overbought with a daily value at 69. It is a little too early to tell for sure, but I see the curve paint around September 1, 2017 as the best comparative with the paint around  October 3, 2017 being a potential comparative if we get a strong down trade over the next day or two. The combination of these suggests we could see a leveling of share price over the very near term and then continued upward bias. These are my thoughts in a nut shell; well maybe a bucket.

Gold / Re: Gold 2018
Her is a brief discussion on whether gold is going to go up from here or make a correction and stay held back from what most of us would believe should be a much higher fair price. Author uses COT data to suggest the paper price might be a bit high right now.

https://i2.wp.com/dollarcollapse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Gold-COT-football-chart-Jan-18.jpg?ssl=1

CDE - Coeur Mining, Inc / expansions complete -targets met
Last post by edmund -
Its has been an eventful quarter as coeur knocked out of part with its increased gold production, raising recoveries and at grade.Without a dividend earnings are just another signpost.We had a terrific exploration update at palmarejo complex and kensington .There were two areas of curiosity was Nacion-Dana vein that crosses into a smallish area owned by Fresnillo which they have previously drilled on and would be royalty free,coeur has seen these results done several years ago.
Then there is the twice re affirmed leaving profits in Mexico-this avoids double taxation  and i assume that was earmarked for Preciosa or maybe the purchase of A
 Coeur at Kensignton has quietly avoided  water issue that slowed development and know effecting production-only slightly .
So earnings are the happy result of a three year mine plan with expansions at three mines ,re negotaition of franco,acquisition of Paramount,paid off notes lowered interest rates by 2% and used a revolver to buy Silvertip.Fees for that were in previous quarter and Rochestors pr stripping to reach gold was also in third- and rochestor doubled its gold production vs third quarter.Grades a palmarejo were up dramatically as were recoveries bodes well for costs.So Coeur completed three expansions,three acquisitions repaired balance sheet lowering interest and moving payment out three years to 2024
Coeur capital expenses at rochestor are over and now will drop from 38million tothe same as Wharf 5-10million
The divestiture program is complete now with sale of Bolivia and silver tip will start up with a profitable ,safer and high grade asset.
The confluence of events all accomplished was a major feat.The extension of reserves and mine life will be plugged into models and Coeur will be completely out of South America saving G&A.I find it interesting that Coeur so obviously brought up a Technical report on Wharf as it is our shortest mine life.
Sentiment is starting to swing and new sets of eyes start to realize the effort and accomplishments management has made.
The 4th quarter is usually the strongest.
Think it is time for the chartists to weigh in.
Coeur has a great mix of metals and can now hedge zinc and lead,-
i listened to a big fund CEO and he used Argentina as a terrible place and all they had was trouble -so the sale of Juaguin and getting out of Bolivia and replacing focus to Nevada  Canada and Mexico.

Silver - General Discussion / Re: Silver End of month marked in pink
Last post by ken -
Well written article thoroughly enjoyed.  I've come tot he conclusion that American voters seem to want the laws.. indeed.. seem to continuously wishing to add NEW LAWS... but AMERICAN VOTERS DON'T WISH TO SEE THEIR LAWS... ENFORCED.. how is this?

Seriously? The vast majority of Americans are stupid. Much of they think they want is not what they want. We call this cognitive dissonance. Holding 2 beliefs that are counter to each other.

I occasional do the same but less so as in the past.
Last post by ken -

Being able to decide issues and have freedom to do so at the localized community level is the best form of "government" in my opinion.. but also having a supreme document that cant be modified to protect basic rights is good, no?
Agreed. And then there is property tax. If I dont pay, a sheriff comes over and puts and gun to my face and throws me out of my house. We have no property rights unless you live in one of the states that doesn't allow for these taxes.
Last post by CLARKBAR -
Well written article thoroughly enjoyed.  I've come tot he conclusion that American voters seem to want the laws.. indeed.. seem to continuously wishing to add NEW LAWS... but AMERICAN VOTERS DON'T WISH TO SEE THEIR LAWS... ENFORCED.. how is this?