Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!
  • NEW! Donate using Paypal @ paypal.me/mamastinky

Topic: Bitcoin Old thread moved from currency (Read 1206 times) previous topic - next topic

Bitcoin Old thread moved from currency
Opinions?
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Re: Bitcoin
Reply #1

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Hi ED
I don't know a thing about it, but it's interesting that it has been following the US dollar up.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I was gifted 10 shares at 50 dollars all the way back in 2013...still holding although I must be honest...I would never touch this on my own and believe eventually will be worthless.
The story is funny though...My IT guy at a firm where I was partner was using our servers at night to mine bit coin, and we noticed our electricity bills started to skyrocket. We investigated and caught the guy. We didn't fire him as we liked him...but he had to reimburse us electricity costs and gave the firm a bunch of bit coins as he had no money. We ended up getting about 800 bit coins...Our firm sold them at 60 to pay bills...LOL...but I held on to my 10.

Reply #4

Reply #5
I was gifted 10 shares at 50 dollars all the way back in 2013...still holding although I must be honest...I would never touch this on my own and believe eventually will be worthless.
The story is funny though...My IT guy at a firm where I was partner was using our servers at night to mine bit coin, and we noticed our electricity bills started to skyrocket. We investigated and caught the guy. We didn't fire him as we liked him...but he had to reimburse us electricity costs and gave the firm a bunch of bit coins as he had no money. We ended up getting about 800 bit coins...Our firm sold them at 60 to pay bills...LOL...but I held on to my 10.

I am amazed at the amount of electricity used by your servers while mining bit coins, almost seems like he traded electric energy for the coins. In the end they got traded back, just a little humor, very little!

Reply #6
There was a big story on CNBC about BTC I would not be a buyer here, Right as it hits my trendline and the 1.618 fib.
I will add IF big IF it hits 800$ (770)

Reply #7

Reply #8
BTC has a history of Cup and handles.
Here is a potential for the longer term. The Fib time fit nicely so I left it on.
Even though it came close to my 800 target, I now feel there was not enough downside.
I'm not sure where the bottom of the handle belongs
I have 2018 as a  big year in sold and silver too.

This is the simplest form of Elliot wave 13 and 5 are up 2 and 4 down. With ABC correction.
I firmly believe that the pink supports will be taken out just like the purple did  at the pink arrow.
The way it bounced off of the 50MA and the trendline tells me that there were a lot of buyers there.
My thought is that there are a lot of BTC traders that do not have much market experience.
A bottom at support and 50 MA is just too easy IMO.

Reply #9

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #10
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/23/bitcoin-is-surging--but-that-might-not-mean-what-you-think.html

When the governments of the world are hard pressed for cash, they will tax it, regulate it until it quits moving. And if the Internet goes down in a apocalypse situation like war, how to you access your coins?

Reply #11
You will he same way you assess your digital bank account, the bills aren't in the bank, so you won't.
You will have to go to your safe and get some silver out, and hope there is any type of currency to sell it for.
Forget about trading silver for anything. If you want currency  for during that time, I recommend.
Alcohol Tobacco Guns TP Food and Drugs. 
The latter being the easiest to trade in time of Apocalypse, and the easiest to store a quantity safely in a very small area.
What would cost you 10$ now in heroin, will get you anything you want during the Apocalypse , that would cost $100 today. 
Like a gun.
And Bullets.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12
You will he same way you assess your digital bank account, the bills aren't in the bank, so you won't.
You will have to go to your safe and get some silver out, and hope there is any type of currency to sell it for.
Forget about trading silver for anything. If you want currency  for during that time, I recommend.
Alcohol Tobacco Guns TP Food and Drugs. 
The latter being the easiest to trade in time of Apocalypse, and the easiest to store a quantity safely in a very small area.
What would cost you 10$ now in heroin, will get you anything you want during the Apocalypse , that would cost $100 today. 
Like a gun.
And Bullets.

I agree!

Reply #13
PS
I hate heroin, i have lost several friends to that demon.
They all start with pain pills which I detest also.
Some people need and deserve pain relief.
This will be true during Armageddon also.
The drug is not evil, it make good people do evil things.
And it can kill good people that get trapped in trying to escape by swimming out of quicksand that they stepped in.
I have a family so i am left holding a small pile of silver and a bunch of stocks and stuff that will be worthless.
And complete faith that I am where i need to be, and will get what i need  if something like that starts going down.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #14
And of course the most important item, food. We can't eat gold or silver, but food is the very incense of survival. Then there are the drugs. Fish antibiotics can be consumed by humans. Then there are herbs which as a medicine I practice in.  Not as a professional, but as a way of life. The key to survival is knowledge and physical resources.

Hopeful those who run the countries of the earth are not as insane as they seem....not very reassuring is it? Hope???