฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: 6/20/17 - looking to 2019 moonshot?  (Read 4897 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 6/20/17 - looking to 2019 moonshot?
Reply #45
Note in reply 41, the chart brought down from Ed's post does not label the moving average curves and the lower chart does. Anyone know what is done to remove the labels or add them?
It is the (+/-) sign on the chart next to the issue title.

Thanks Ed

Reply #46
USAS had a rather pathetic earnings report yet the stock has held up well. Investors must be ok with the product mix containing much less silver and company forward statements. I like the idea of them getting more US exposure, and would have picked up a position if there had been more of a price dip.

Reply #47
Seeking Alpha has a toxic article on USAS suggesting the company has some serious head winds to navigate. Sorry, I can not link the article, but it should be easy to find.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #48
Ya I read it to. I remember some of you guys spoke to the CEO and he dazzled you. I said run from the stock. CEO's are usually snakes in suits. https://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-When-Psychopaths-Work/dp/0061147893

Very good read. It will open your eyes.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #49
Seeking Alpha has a toxic article on USAS suggesting the company has some serious head winds to navigate. Sorry, I can not link the article, but it should be easy to find.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4219324-americas-silver-changed-opinion
this one?
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #50
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4219324-americas-silver-changed-opinion
this one?

That be the one, thanks Ed

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #51
anybody still long this company. Seems charts are broken and cash flow negative. Any ideas of how low it will go and when to buy?

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #52
anybody still long this company. Seems charts are broken and cash flow negative. Any ideas of how low it will go and when to buy?
No. I see gold crashing. Can't chart it but try using indicators and weekly chart.

Reply #53

I sold my entire position last March at a small loss for $3.58/share. At the time they were moving to primarily base metal mix from mostly silver, and I did not want a base metal miner with a silver by product. Another holding with Mexico only holdings was not a plus either. I keep looking at it though, sooner or later it will get cheap enough for another nibble, but it is not close at this point. I have not played around with charting a possible low yet, but a real quick look shows very minor support at $1.25 from 2nd half 2015 and January 2016 lows of $0.50. The company has grown quite a bit since than so 50 cents is probably below the next bottom.

• Erich
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #54
75 PM stocks on my watch list many made new 52 week lows. USAS has taken the biggest ass whipping.
 just  when you think they cant go any lower a new break starts. SSRM is by far the best of the bunch followed by ABX.

If those two break look out below.

ER

Reply #55

I do not have a lot of confidence in this interpretation, but I will put it out for discussion. On the STO chart, note the curves are bear oriented and that it is at a mininum over the time period. This has occurred several times yet the stock still went down. However, taking STO data with the new extremely oversold position shown by the RSI and one can conclude we are near the bottom. Share price is well below the lower BB boundary, a condition that is normally short lived either via share price moving up or the band moving lower. There is a lot of momentum to move the band lower suggesting the lower band is not containing share price. As mentioned in an earlier post, there is weak and dated (late 2015) historical support at $1.25 with the January 2016 low around 50 cents. Since the occurance of those two data points, USAS has increased reserves considerably but migrated to much more base metal in its product mix at the expense of silver. That probably suggests target share price is well above 50 cents. Not shown, but the MACD histogram is atrociously bearish. A probable indication that the bottom is in would be both STO and MACD momentum indicators turing positive, but not sure where that will occur, it could be at a $1.50 with a base building over time.

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #56
.... A probable indication that the bottom is in would be both STO and MACD momentum indicators turing positive, but not sure where that will occur, it could be at a $1.50 with a base building over time.

Take a look at GPL. How low can it go? There's your answer......

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #57
Well, 2019 is here. To say I am disappointed in USAS's performance would be an understatement to say the least. To say I was dead ass wrong would be very accurate.

Reply #58
Well, 2019 is here. To say I am disappointed in USAS's performance would be an understatement to say the least. To say I was dead ass wrong would be very accurate.

My last kick at a USAS chart was about 7 or 8 weeks ago (black vertical line on chart) when with little to no conviction I thought $1.50 might be the minimum. Turns out that was wrong, it actually fell another 20 cents, but the recent rebound has been terrific.  It also looks a lot like ALO that we discussed elsewhere except that ALO is building from a longer base. BB's, MACD curves and histogram, and RSI are suggesting an uptrend has been establish and the increased volume may be adding veracity. I might return for a small position.

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #59
It's 2019. is it the time or Snoop's moonshot? USAS is about to Golden Cross.