฿ Donate using Bitcoin! 1LYHyG1WiJsKvxf1p4CA5ApNrniCE26Hns Ξ Donate using Ethereum! 0x6E225E2D29BEB9533Fd36C467981Ea15b8714C24 P Donate using PayPal! paypal.me/mamastinky
Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• Anyone having problems using the site - please send an email to admin@silverstocker.com with a description of your issue.
  • Please use quoting (or at least make references) in responses so people can understand what comments or charts you are responding to!
  • Newly registered members - If you cannot log in, check your email to activate your account!

Topic: 3Q2019 (Read 151 times) previous topic - next topic

3Q2019
According to this site, ( https://www.earningswhispers.com/stocks/cde ) Q3 revenues are valued at 190.7M.
This seems to me a minimum since the application of the current prices of gold and silver ($ 1500 and $ 17) to volumes sold in Q2 would give + - 188M.
However, the quantities produced and sold should have increased significantly in Q3 compared to Q2!
What to think of forecasts for Q3?

• edthelorax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: 3Q2019
Reply #1
According to this site, ( https://www.earningswhispers.com/stocks/cde ) Q3 revenues are valued at 190.7M.
This seems to me a minimum since the application of the current prices of gold and silver ($ 1500 and $ 17) to volumes sold in Q2 would give + - 188M.
However, the quantities produced and sold should have increased significantly in Q3 compared to Q2!
What to think of forecasts for Q3?
Honestly, I feel share price is more related to the public's perception of what future earnings may be than to the actual earnings.
I don't trust most analysts especially when it comes to miners .
Andre, I would trust your estimate before theirs.
For Entertainment Purposes Only.

Reply #2
1« Coeur's quarterly revenue is projected to soar 48.5% » If it is in relation to 3Q2018, it would give more than 221M, which is close to my most optimistic estimate of 222M, but I will refine my assessment after publication of production figures next week.
2 « CDE's fiscal 2020 adjusted EPS » 0.27 per share for 2020 would be disappointing to me considering the expected improvements in the 5 mines and the current price of gold and silver!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-top-ranked-cheap-stocks-213209305.html

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
Zacks has CDE as a buy.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Im long still 2/3 of my position from 3.10 avg...sold the 1/3 at 5.70...BUT, I always nervous with CDE as they almost never fail to disappoint...Illl probably let some more go before the earnings come out as history simply repeats itself most of the time...going with the odds.

Reply #5
For today, employment report will trump other fundamentals if better or worse than expected, but longer term, I doubt it will be much more than a blip on the chart. If earnings are robust, it might be a good time to increase PM call LEAP holdings.

Reply #6
PM price improvement from 2nd quarter to 3rd quarter should provide a strong tail wind for PM share during earnings reporting and a bump in next week's production reports would be a nice kicker. The two charts below give an eyeball guess at quantifying product price improvement.

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Im pretty suthose prices are already baked into share price. I bought protection on Friday via a decent sized position in DUST. We are heading into seasonally weak gold prices and COT's are short to max, so I cannot see a rally..rather see a decline coming. Well see.

Reply #8
Normally there is a little short lived bump when the Chinese return from a week of celebrating their country's formation. Like you said, we will see.

Have a good week everyone.

Reply #9
I evaluate sales at 198.3M, but I am disappointed because I was hoping at least 10M more!

• Nikko
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
a very expected drop below 1500 in gold hammering the miners including CDE. I will sell my DUST position today which I used as a hedge.

Reply #11
To achieve the annual objectives confirmed yesterday, Silvertip must multiply its production at 4Q by 372% for silver, 458% for zinc and 334% for lead!
CDE says that plant availability has been increased at the end of the third quarter and since the beginning of the month.
It will be very necessary, but I suppose that the maintenance of the objectives is justified and motivated!You believe in it ?
If the goals are met, the 4Q will be monstrous, but CDE always postpones our hopes!

• ken
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #12
To achieve the annual objectives confirmed yesterday, Silvertip must multiply its production at 4Q by 372% for silver, 458% for zinc and 334% for lead!
CDE says that plant availability has been increased at the end of the third quarter and since the beginning of the month.
It will be very necessary, but I suppose that the maintenance of the objectives is justified and motivated!You believe in it ?
If the goals are met, the 4Q will be monstrous, but CDE always postpones our hopes!
They have had 3 years pass since their last surge back in 2016. Perhaps they have gotten their head out of their ass???
Anyway I have a small position in them.

Reply #13
Very little reaction on the Q3 production numbers and yet there is matter to be interfered with and worry!
The only satisfaction is the very good gold production at Palmarejo and Kensington.
But the concern remains very great for Silvertip.
CDE indicates that the availability of facilities has been increased at the end of the third quarter and since the beginning of October.
To achieve its annual objectives confirmed yesterday, Silvertip must multiply its production in the fourth quarter by 372% for silver, 458% for zinc and 334% for lead! In your opinion, is it credible to maintain the 2019 targets for this mine?
Too bad that it is not possible to directly question the management of CDE!